How to use WIIM Mini and Amazon mucic HD from a windows's laptop

manu63970

Hello

is there any solution to cast Amazon Music HD from a windows laptop to WIIM Mini ?

I tried to configured alexa on my laptop but it does not recognize WIIM Mini as a speaker. It does not appear in my Alexa assistant whereas all is fine from my mobile phone.

So two new features for me :
- Make Alexa running on windows compliant with WIIM Mini
- Make Wiim Windows application compliant with Amazon Music

Maybe I miss something in that case, I would be please to find a how to :)

Many thanks for your help
Bes regards
Emmanuel

This isn’t a WiiM issue, you can’t cast to anything (even echos) using the Windows Amazon Music app or web interface - AlexaCast (which it uses) is only supported on ios or android mobile devices. Amazon would need to resolve that and there’s no sign of that happening despite many users asking.

There is a potential workaround though using the Windows Subsystem For Android and installing the WiiM Hime app from somewhere like the Aurora Store and using that to cast to WiiM.

This isn’t a WiiM issue, you can’t cast to anything (even echos) using the Windows Amazon Music app or web interface - AlexaCast (which it uses) is only supported on ios or android mobile devices. Amazon would need to resolve that and there’s no sign of that happening despite many users asking.

There is a potential workaround though using the Windows Subsystem For Android and installing the WiiM Hime app from somewhere like the Aurora Store and using that to cast to WiiM.
Many thanks for your fast answer

Last edited:
Back