I honestly can’t hear the difference

Bozzz

So I’m streaming some Chet Baker. Switching back and forth between Apple Music and Qobuz. Using a WiiM pro plus hardwired with Ethernet . Willsenton r8 tube amp to Wharfdale Denton speakers. My Qobuz subscription expires in a week or so. Honestly Qobuz sounds amazing but on the flip side I can’t tell the difference between it and Apple Music. I’m 53 and sure my ears aren’t as sensitive as they were 30 years ago. Just wondering or wanting someone to decide for me lol. Is it worth keeping Qobuz? I posted some screenshots or the comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_3055.jpeg
    IMG_3055.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
When I did some comparisons among Tidal hifi and Spotify, in rapid switching from one to another in a seamless way, generally I found lossless better, less annoying. Not all the songs sounded different, recently recorded had more differences, old recordings were more similar.
I think in case of an old recording, like Chet Baker is for sure, the steroid 192khz doesn't add anything.
I my case, since Tidal and Spotify had same price, I simply opted for the lossless one...

When I did some comparisons among Tidal hifi and Spotify, in rapid switching from one to another in a seamless way, generally I found lossless better, less annoying. Not all the songs sounded different, recently recorded had more differences, old recordings were more similar.
I think in case of an old recording, like Chet Baker is for sure, the steroid 192khz doesn't add anything.
I my case, since Tidal and Spotify had same price, I simply opted for the lossless one...
I agree. It’s very unlikely that the Chet Baker album you listened to was remastered to 24/192 from the original tapes more likely it was upsampled from another source. However I am strongly of the view that Qobuz is worth the money particularly if you were to compare it to Spotify. I’d steer clear of Apple because you can only really get the benefit of their HiRes stuff by using an Apple device directly connected to a DAC. You won’t get it from a WiiM (not WiiMs doing).

Back