Need some help deciding

Back to serious...always a challenge for me when talking or writing about a hobby.
I would sign nearly every word from @Maurizio.
Tidal is banned by me * "for reasons". Amazon MHD's app is pita. So the choice is already smaller.
Spotify remains because they offer a good choice of audio books and makes (at least for me) Audible obsolete. Not so comfortable, but good enough. Beside that my Granddaughter insists in having Spotify. But I am waiting and expecting they drive their Supremium frontal against a wall.
Qobuz is in nearly every aspect my go-to-streaming service. Personally I would not need this myth-enshrouded Connect feature and still believe they will sell us CC as solution and will find reasons to stay with their home made limitations.
Apple Music and Apple Classical are for fun only. And cheap. So I'll grant myself this uneconomical useless service 😉

*edited

Last edited:
Back to serious...always a challenge for me when talking or writing about a hobby.
I would sign nearly every word from @Maurizio.
Tidal is banned here "for reasons". Amazon MHD's app is pita. So the choice is already smaller.
Spotify remains because they offer a good choice of audio books and makes (at least for me) Audible obsolete. Not so comfortable, but good enough. Beside that my Granddaughter insists in having Spotify. But I am waiting and expecting they drive their Supremium frontal against a wall.
Qobuz is in nearly every aspect my go-to-streaming service. Personally I would not need this myth-enshrouded Connect feature and still believe they will sell us CC as solution and will find reasons to stay with their home made limitations.
Apple Music and Apple Classical are for fun only. And cheap. So I'll grant myself this uneconomical useless service 😉
Could you explain the reasons why Tidal is ‘banned here’ “for reasons “ please?

Because of this still remaining MQA nonsense...it is banned by me 😉 I should edit the part..
Understood. No worries. I think it sounds much better now it is using FLAC. Hopefully MQA will be history very soon 🤞

Understood. No worries. I think it sounds much better now it is using FLAC. Hopefully MQA will be history very soon 🤞
It is not about the sound. It is about the fact they pranked for too long too much customers. I know a bunch of friends spending fortunes for MQA enabled gear. Tidal had their chance, they did not take. 😉 And my very personal opinion is that their app and their algorithms are not mine.

It is not about the sound. It is about the fact they pranked for too long too much customers. I know a bunch of friends spending fortunes for MQA enabled gear. Tidal had their chance, they did not take. 😉 And my very personal opinion is that their app and their algorithms are not mine.
Hmm. I guess some jump too quickly on every bandwagon in order to have the latest craze.
But it’s wrong when a company makes false claims too in order to get business.
I’m using their service now because after comparing it with Qobuz for a month, I hear no difference, and as it’s less than half the price of Qobuz it’s an easy choice.
Personally if Spotify ever gets to Redbook CD quality I’m going back there as they easily have the best library and user interface.

I’m using their service now because after comparing it with Qobuz for a month, I hear no difference, and as it’s less than half the price of Qobuz it’s an easy choice.
Where are you that Tidal (Hi-Fi tier, I assume) is half the cost of Qobuz (Studio)? In my country, for an individual subscription, Qobuz is slightly less expensive than Tidal on an annual basis.

Where are you that Tidal (Hi-Fi tier, I assume) is half the cost of Qobuz (Studio)? In my country, for an individual subscription, Qobuz is slightly less expensive than Tidal on an annual basis.
I’m in Thailand. Here Tidal is the equivalent of £5.86 per month. Qobuz is £12.99

Correct. I prefer Qobuz but Tidal hifi for 6,80 euro in Thailand is a no brainer.
I did a month of Qobuz recently and compared it with Tidal. Now that Tidal is changing over to FLAC, I hear no difference between it and Qobuz. So as you say at £5.86 per month Tidal was an easy choice.
There are definitely gaps in the library of both services though which can be annoying at times.

After trying various streaming services, I made a decision. I went for TIDAL and removed the other apps and subscriptions. After a while I upgraded to hifi plus. I am very satisfied with this solution.

After trying various streaming services, I made a decision. I went for TIDAL and removed the other apps and subscriptions. After a while I upgraded to hifi plus. I am very satisfied with this solution.
Enjoy your music 👍

Back