Input Specific EQ Settings

jbnati

Feature Request: Home App

This one is simple. Please allow us to save unique EQ preferences based on input for each WiiM device.

This would allow me to “tune” and save an EQ for my TV, vs Phono, vs Music Streaming.

I might want “Spoken Word” for TV, custom EQ for Phono, and “Rock” for streaming.

Feature about EQ setting per input is really needed,

having it per preset in addition to input should be also a must to have

Thank you very much in advance

@WiiM Support
Hi Clark10,

We're excited to announce that this feature will be available in our upcoming App and firmware updates, scheduled for release around March 15. Stay tuned for more details!

Even if one, like me, does not use this features I think it is once more time to say: "Great stuff, WiiM! Again. So much more than the competition!"
The last announcements are for sure exciting for many.

Hi Harveynics,

If you adjust the volume level for individual sources, these settings will persist as your default startup levels until you decide to change them. If this setup isn't meeting your needs, could you provide more details about your specific use case? This will help us understand and address your concerns more effectively. Thank you!
Quite simple really - rather than remember the last volume used, allow a default volume to be set.
i.e. I might have been listening to something really loudly on an input, but when I switch back (e.g. much later that day) to that input I want it to play with a known level rather than whatever it last happened to be.
Think of many amps that allow you to set a default volume level when you turn them on.
Like that, but per input and the default takes effect whenever you switch to that input.

Of course, some will likely want the current behaviour instead!

Last edited:
Hi Harveynics,

If you adjust the volume level for individual sources, these settings will persist as your default startup levels until you decide to change them. If this setup isn't meeting your needs, could you provide more details about your specific use case? This will help us understand and address your concerns more effectively. Thank you!
Hi, @WiiM Support.

As @Mr Ee said, it would be nice to be able to set the default volume.

As it stands, if I turn down the volume at night, I have to turn it back on the next morning. The current volume memory setting doesn't make much sense for me.

Also, if the current volume is displayed numerically on the volume indicator, you will be able to adjust the volume more accurately than now. It would be even more useful if there was a volume up and down button.

Ideally, it would be nice to add a "scene registration function" like the Yamaha AVR. Register the input source, volume, EQ, output destination, etc., and call them with the app or remote control. Such a feature has already been requested.

Thank you. 🤗

Hi Harveynics,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm unsure when I'm supposed to adjust these levels to "fix" them at startup of source change. There's no option to do this at any point other than just general listening, which is listened to at various different levels depending on music type, time of day etc.

Hi Harveynics,

I'm actually unsure that you realize what it is that we all want. We want to be able to switch to a different source without fear of it blowing our heads off or being inaudible. Providing a volume set at what it was set at on a previous source, or a volume that we were previously listening to at on that source does not remotely provide that. We don't want you to predict what volume we will want to listen to at that moment - which is impossible, we want to be able to switch input and the volume immediately switch to a volume which is "acceptable" to us at any time of the day with any given music / programme etc. we can then of course adjust to suit. Hope that's clearer.

Hi Clark10,

We're excited to announce that this feature will be available in our upcoming App and firmware updates, scheduled for release around March 15. Stay tuned for more details!

How about output specific EQ settings?

Or more generally, ‘profiles’, where you can opt for an input, EQ setting, volume compensation for any EQ gain, room correction, and output, all in one click.

Go on, you know you want to… ;)

Until WiiM provide that, you can achieve it easily using voice control from the mic or via another echo as suggested here https://forum.wiimhome.com/posts/33581/

Equally, you could run scheduled Alexa routines to reset the volume overnight for the next day’s listening
Can Alexa adjust the volume of the wiim in 1% increments?

In my experience, the Wiim amp's remote microphone only allows you to adjust the volume in 10% increments. In other words, it is a 10-step volume adjustment function. 😭

Can Alexa adjust the volume of the wiim in 1% increments?

In my experience, the Wiim amp's remote microphone only allows you to adjust the volume in 10% increments. In other words, it is a 10-step volume adjustment function. 😭
No, alexa has always been 10% increments too despite what some echo users have claimed

We're mixing up different feature request here.

Per input EQ is totally different from the much requested per-input volume control (or rather per-input sensitivity). And having a default volume setting is yet another topic (which doesn't go along well with the current and rather undesirable implementation of volume to be remembered per source).

If I can make a wish, then just make it all exactly as Lyngdorf do it (at a fraction of the price, of course).
😁

More on that if I find the time ...

No, alexa has always been 10% increments too despite what some echo users have claimed

That's a bit strange because I was able to adjust the volume of the music playing on my Echo device in 1% increments. So I made a routine and tested it.

Thank you. 😊

That's a bit strange because I was able to adjust the volume of the music playing on my Echo device in 1% increments. So I made a routine and tested it.

Thank you. 😊
Yeah, you can certainly ask that, but Alexa rounds to the nearest 10%.

To see this, open your Alexa app and choose one of your echo devices, in my case I chose my echo plus. Select volume on its device settings page so you see the volume slider. Then ask "Alexa, set volume to 43%" and you'll see the volume bar go to 40%. Ask it for 56%, and it'll jump to 60%. So while it accepts requests in percentages, it rounds to an integer value between 1 and 10.

Also, if you start playing music and use the volume slider bar and try to set it to an intermediate value, once you raise your finger, it'll jump to the nearest multiple of 10%

I'm eagerly waiting for this feature and March 15 is about two weeks ago.
Is it released yet?
Hi Clark10,

It’s in the current beta release firmware for room correction, so I don’t expect it to be too much longer before it’s in a public release.
Please be aware that dates quoted are often target dates and not necessarily firm dates as bugs can occur in pre release testing

It’s in the current beta release firmware for room correction, so I don’t expect it to be too much longer before it’s in a public release.
Please be aware that dates quoted are often target dates and not necessarily firm dates as bugs can occur in pre release testing
Per input EQ has been named as a new feature when my Android app has been updated today (firmware update pending).

Strange enough, when I look up the new features in Google Play right now, the list is totally different from what has been shown when the update became available. 😜

Per input EQ has been named as a new feature when my Android app has been updated today (firmware update pending).

Strange enough, when I look up the new features in Google Play right now, the list is totally different from what has been shown when the update became available. 😜
Still not seeing that for my Android app in its notes on the Play store, maybe there’s an update in the offing for my region/phone/version…

Back