iTunes library

Bismarck

Major Contributor
I would like to access from the Mini my iTunes Library with about 100.000 ALAC tracks.
Is it possible?
How?

You can try to download our WiiM Home Windows or MAC App Beta here. Please add your music folder in the app and let us know if it works for you.

Where are you putting your iTunes library? If it's in the PC, you can install the PC software then stream from there. If you want to use the iOS device as the controller device, let me check with our team regarding this use case. If possible, can you please elaborate more about your use case? Thank you!

Where are you putting your iTunes library? If it's in the PC, you can install the PC software then stream from there. If you want to use the iOS device as the controller device, let me check with our team regarding this use case. If possible, can you please elaborate more about your use case? Thank you!
My iTunes library is on my PC. I will try to install your software and stream from there.
Nevertheless, I would like to use the WiiM app on my iPhone in order to choose the tracks to stream. Is it possible?

My iTunes library is on my PC. I will try to install your software and stream from there.
Nevertheless, I would like to use the WiiM app on my iPhone in order to choose the tracks to stream. Is it possible?
I would look at the use of something like AssetUPNP on your PC to present your files to the WiiM app

I’d forgotten about that so turned it on. While I can confirm it is possible, it’s a very poor experience navigation-wise compared to a fully fledged UPNP service like AssetUPNP and others.

I will try AssetUPNP.
Anyway, one thing is not clear to me: the "decoding" of ALAC tracks contained in the iTunes library will happen in AssetUPNP, which therefore serves a PCM stream to the WiiM, or it will happen in the WiiM itself, to which AssetUPNP serves therefore the ALAC file ?

I will try AssetUPNP.
Anyway, one thing is not clear to me: the "decoding" of ALAC tracks contained in the iTunes library will happen in AssetUPNP, which therefore serves a PCM stream to the WiiM, or it will happen in the WiiM itself, to which AssetUPNP serves therefore the ALAC file ?
It’s ALAC and WiiM decodes it.

I will try AssetUPNP.
Either

Do you mean that it is possible to choose?
As I recall, AssetUPNP can send the file as it is or it can transcode it to WAV for example when the renderer doesn’t support the original format, but in this case as WiiM supports ALAC, you don’t need to.

Back