just getting started - how long to pre-cache artwork LMS?

Looks like I need to try a different server software.

What do I use as a "player" for something like MinimServer? Using iOS.

Thanks
Out of interest, what type of Wiim are you using? Mini or Pro? The Pro will be seen by LMS without the need for any plugin.

Steve

@simbun - I am about ready to try a different server software. What app would I use on iOS to access files running on new server software?
I'm hoping something like MinimServer would walk through setting up upnp during installation?
And yes, I have been using the LMS upnp plugin.
I'm not on iOS so I haven't looked in depth at any of the control points, but the WiiM Home app should work, that or mconnect is regularly recommended.
Once you have Java installed the Windows install is very straight forward with good documentation on the website, but if you have any problems post on the MinimServer forum as the support there is excellent.

Well I cried uncle - Wiim Pro is back in the box for a return.

Main criteria for me was a significant step up in UI over my Slim Device, and I couldn’t get it.

I had MinimServer set up also, but no good player app to control it (hadn't heard of mconnect).

That’s just me. I suppose if someone has a Roon sub, or something similar (if they make their own mobile app), it could work out great for them.

It was not all a loss though, I can run Material Skin on my iPhone and it controls my LMS perfectly, never a hiccup, so I am very pleased about that! No idea why/how it works seamlessly with LMS and my Slim Device, but not the Wiim, but there it is.

I’ll try to keep up to date on news about the Wiim devices, if the WHA turns into a good music player, I may come back.

I certainly appreciate all the help here while I worked through this!

Well I cried uncle - Wiim Pro is back in the box for a return.

Main criteria for me was a significant step up in UI over my Slim Device, and I couldn’t get it.

I had MinimServer set up also, but no good player app to control it (hadn't heard of mconnect).

That’s just me. I suppose if someone has a Roon sub, or something similar (if they make their own mobile app), it could work out great for them.

It was not all a loss though, I can run Material Skin on my iPhone and it controls my LMS perfectly, never a hiccup, so I am very pleased about that! No idea why/how it works seamlessly with LMS and my Slim Device, but not the Wiim, but there it is.

I’ll try to keep up to date on news about the Wiim devices, if the WHA turns into a good music player, I may come back.

I certainly appreciate all the help here while I worked through this!
Yeah, I'm not sure why you had these problems. It's unfortunate because for me the Wiim Pro and LMS using material skin has been perfect. I have run the Wiim and a picoreplayer RPI using material skin since the Wiim started supporting Squeezelite.

If you have a Wiim Pro you should not be using any upnp plugins in LMS. The Wiim Pro has Squeezelite built in and you should be able to see the Wiim from LMS as a player while using LMS with the material skin or the default LMS web interface.

There's a couple of great control point options on Android but none that I'm aware of on iOS.

It sounds like your requirements would have required a paid UPnP server for the configuration options they offer.

I'm sure if you'd given it more time there would have been a solution for you, be it UPnP or LMS/Material.

Back