learning Volume control button

Hollywood

Major Contributor
I suspect most people will just use the remote for functions on the WiiM, but it would be nice if you could optionally have the volume up and down learn the code of your external DAC, preamp, or integrated amp's remote.

The remote can't be everything to everyone, but many users use an outboard device or amp as the Wiim is audiophile quality. Even connected to a cheap simple stereo, there is probably a remote in use. If/when possible, it's always best to control the volume at the end of the chain.

My DAC has an IR remote with a considerable range of functions, but for day-to-day operation I just use a 6-big-button stick-shaped learning remote.

Thé WiiM remote uses bluetooth, while your DAC etc will probably use IR, so they’re incompatible.
too bad. I just ordered another WiiM Pro w/remote. for the extra $10 i'm sure it will be worth it to change tracks anyway.
Thanks!

too bad. I just ordered another WiiM Pro w/remote. for the extra $10 i'm sure it will be worth it to change tracks anyway.
Thanks!
change tracks, stop/play, mute, 4 preset buttons, voice control, it makes sense to have one...

Last edited:
I used a firestick sidekick to give me learning abilities for volume.

I purchased this a while ago to use with my firestick remote. The wiim remote is the same width.

Back