loading usb

That's the theory ;)

If your needs are basic then using the Amp to index and the WiiM Home app to browse might be enough, but it's better as a renderer for local media.

isn't my usb content considered local media???I mean it will display my stuff and let me browse ,select and play, no? and will it save as a file to play later without the USB? thanks

isn't my usb content considered local media???I mean it will display my stuff and let me browse ,select and play, no? and will it save as a file to play later without the USB? thanks
When you plug a USB storage drive with music files into the WiiM Amp it will first create a local index on the storage device. This might take a little time.

In the WiiM Home app you will see a new input device named USB. If you tap on it, the app will display the contents of the USB memory stick. But it won't simply show the structure of folders and files. It will use some (but not all) of the meta information contained in your music files, so you can browse them e.g. by Title, by Artist, by Album or by Folder. The user interface is rather basic, but might just be good enough.

Once you add more music, the index needs to be updated, so that will take a little time again and you might have to start the process manually.

No. It will disappear when the USB drive is removed. Music will not be uploaded to the WiiM amp. The USB drive must be connected permanently.

since this thread is open...a couple more things... what equalizer settings or setting preset if there is one; would improve spoken word content
like news and sermons...?
and I was having trouble finding the exact URLs to enter in the open web section that would bring up a specific talk segment instead of just the parent website ...I am on a Mac....any tips on this...?

Back