amp USB

stry8458

If I plug in a USB drive into the Wiim Amp will it just start playing it? What do you know about his???
and thanks for all the info.. I was going to return my Wiim amp but I like it barely enough to keep it. Maybe I will get a CD player for it...if I could find one with a built in analog FM radio with an antenna jack that would be great..

No, you need to select the USB input on the WiiM Home app and select the tracks you want to play from its media server. It doesn’t have an “Autoplay” feature.

..if I could find one with a built in analog FM radio with an antenna jack that would be great..
FM is slowly dying, so few new devices will come equipped with an FM tuner.

If the internet services mentioned by @WiiMer SJ are just not good enough, you could get yourself a dedicated tuner from the used market and connect it to the WiiM Amp's line input. 😇

Hint: The necessary DIN to RCA cable is not included, but you can get them readily assembled for ... err ... for cheap.

;)

What I do observe, sadly, is broadcasting stations constantly decreasing FM quality, though. Probably to make their low bitrate DAB+ offerings sound "better" in comparison.

In jest of course.
No worries, well understood.

the pure audio quality is very low on DAB+, many radio stations will offer superior quality on their streamed offerings or sat.......
"clean", may be more accessible in cases where the FM goes poorly, or in the car, but very limited even at max 88k for musical use (even huge marketing efforts are made to promote it)...
really not honest talk....(except to consider that a type of 128k mp3 would be really qualitative , , after that it's always the same depending on what we listen to etc.)

We have a lot of radio stations in our German cable net. Its possible to bring it via the TV receiver on the stereo. Ok for news, a simple horror for music.

Back