Native Apple Music integration with Musickit via WiiM app?

rishabrana

Is there a plan to support Apple Music intregration with Apple Musickit and not have to use Airplay2?

I would rather turn on Apple Music and not have to worry about my phone in range of wifi, or using my phone for anything else without worrying about music continuing to play in the background.

Can someone clarify if this is possible ?

If I use a HomePod to stream Apple music.. can I use voice command with Siri to play synced music on that home pod and a linked wiim pro?

Currently if I use my echo studio speaker - I can use Alexa to play and sync with the echo speaker and the wiim pro BUT only playing supported apps like Amazon music or pandora . If I ask it to play Apple Music on both devices it tells me Apple Music is not supported .

I’m assuming the same “Apple music is not supported “ message will occur if I try it with a HomePod and the wiim pro.

Thoughts ?

The situation is the same with Google/Nest Home devices. Apple Music can be set as the default lossy music service (as can Spotify and YouTube Music) on the host, and that's about it. Apple really needs to do what people are waiting for Qobuz to deliver: a Connect functionality that will use the app on a smartphone as a control only and have the digital media sent directly from the provider's infrastructure over the Internet directly to the local device streaming it. Perversely, it's likely to be little bitty Qobuz who delivers on that well before almighty Apple does...if they ever do. I really like Apple Music (and Apple Classical), but as with Spotify (in other ways) they continually annoy me when it would be so easy for them not to. Like someone who pointedly refuses to wash their hands after retiring to the bathroom...regardless of how cute, erudite, accomplished and witty they are otherwise, after a while you just want them to go away and stop touching you.
Apple think they’ve already got that with Airplay…

(and the last sentence was maybe a little too much info on your private life 🤣 🤣 )

Apple think they’ve already got that with Airplay…

(and the last sentence was maybe a little too much info on your private life 🤣 🤣 )
Willful blindness (or maybe deafness in this case). How can such an innovative and consumer-focused company remain so backward and...clueless? IMHO it shows a certain level of carelessness and disrespect, which is distressing. I say that not only as a consumer, but also as an investor.

Last edited:
Willful blindness (or maybe deafness in this case). How can such an innovative and consumer-focused company remain so backward and...clueless? IMHO it shows a certain level of disrespect, which is distressing.
Do you really write about Apple?

Do you really write about Apple?
All the time. They're a fascinating company from a business model standpoint. I've had some kind of involvement or other with them for almost 50 years, though never as an employee.

You may be right from their shareholder's sight. But as a customer I do not want that a company tells me what I need. Headphones with cables? You do not need! Hires in their own app? We make it as difficult as it can be! This is the point where I have my problems with "consumer orientated". 😉But I have to confess no one else builds a better tablet.

Back