New wiim pro just stutter

Misterg

New wiim pro. On a 5ghz only connection with excellent signal strength. 1gb internet.

It plays the test audio just fine.

If I try airplay or Amazon music direct in the app it looks like the sample rate hunts everywhere (amp display) and it has severe stuttering or no audio output at all

Below is the example of device with configurable jitter reduction:

"Default is "Normal" which allows a tiny bit of low frequency jitter (in blue). It is utterly inaudible but setting it to LOW gets rid of that. Likely not an issue with USB bus but if you use other serial digital inputs, low setting may not allow the unit to lock on incoming data. Or take too long to latch onto its sample rate. For this reason, there is the other extreme which is "HIGH." Note that Low/high here refers to bandwidth the PLL (phase locked loop). The higher the bandwith, the better/faster the ability of the unit to lock on input. But it also allows more jitter in."

Maybe that's the case here although I do not understand why a spdif test procedure works fine.

Bear in mind that the samples are contained on the device itself and that unless you are using Aux In everything else is via WiFi.
Although you say you have excellent signal strength that doesn't necessarily mean that your WiFi isn't subject to other issues e.g. interference.

Samples are OK which implies the connection to the DAC in the Amp is good.
What is Aux In like? That also by passes any WiFi.
Have you tried Pro's ethernet?
My wifi is on a clear channel (no one nearby uses 5ghz at all and the streamer is in the same room as the AP) but It did it with Bluetooth too.

At your suggestion I tried line I - same problem. Seems to only improve with "spdif sense" settings on the amp to"compensate for high jitter". Still sounds a touch fuzzy

"Added "SPDIF SENSE" option in the menu. Users can choose the appropriate value according to their own needs. When there is no sound from the optical input, increase this value to match the optical output device with larger clock jitter (eg TV/game console)."

Looks like your device cannot lock on incoming clock when this value is low.

"Added "SPDIF SENSE" option in the menu. Users can choose the appropriate value according to their own needs. When there is no sound from the optical input, increase this value to match the optical output device with larger clock jitter (eg TV/game console)."

Looks like your device cannot lock on incoming clock when this value is low.
Yeah at 5 it stabilizes but sounds off. Like a little fuzzy. Worst case I can coax to my modius and rca back to the sabaj but dac-pwm and spaghetti avoidance would be nice

Yeah at 5 it stabilizes but sounds off. Like a little fuzzy. Worst case I can coax to my modius and rca back to the sabaj but dac-pwm and spaghetti avoidance would be nice
It works fine when connected to your Schiit? No sound issues or locking ones?

And what happens if you increase that sense value even further?

It works fine when connected to your Schiit? No sound issues or locking ones?

And what happens if you increase that sense value even further?
No difference in sense value.

havent wired in the schiit stack yet- I built a new desk and haven't figured out how I'm going to get all the wiring it requires live

Back