Newbie to Wiim Amp & Home App

Ian Wakefield

I have used many streaming amplifiers over the years, (Naim, Simply Audio, Auralic Polaris) and would like to know if the following is possible with the app and, if not, could you please consider adding the functionality:

1. When I browse my Library, can I default to Album view (Others would maybe prefer having the ability to choose any of the options).

2. My music library is on a USB stick, can I have the contents shown in My Music?

3. Can I add Spotify to a preset and possibly My Music too, only on the basis of having fewer screens to navigate?

4. Can I have the Album View to show say 4/5 albums left to right etc. similar to Auralic DS or Naim’s software?

Please be assured I am not unhappy, the Amp is amazing and is not miles away from those already mentioned, I am amazed at the functionality and sound quality at this price!!!

I’m pretty sure the answers are

No
Yes
No
No

If the USB stick is in the Amp then the library will, I assume, be accessed through Home Music Share.
My Music is for tracks local to the controlling device.
That said it could all be different for the Amp but I wouldn't have thought so.

If the USB stick is in the Amp then the library will, I assume, be accessed through Home Music Share.
My Music is for tracks local to the controlling device.
That said it could all be different for the Amp but I wouldn't have thought so.
If you have a WiiM Amp using a USB drive/stick, then you'll see two entries for it in the WiiM Home app - on the Browse page under under Home Music Share as WiiM Amp name:Media Server, and also on the Browse page under USB Media Library with a similar layout as you'd see under My Music i.e. Songs/Albums/Artists/Playlists

If you have a WiiM Amp using a USB drive/stick, then you'll see two entries for it in the WiiM Home app - on the Browse page under under Home Music Share as WiiM Amp name:Media Server, and also on the Browse page under USB Media Library with a similar layout as you'd see under My Music i.e. Songs/Albums/Artists/Playlists
So if you are being pedantic the answer to 2 is also No but I took the view that the OP wasn’t specifically asking solely about “My Music” but more “will I be able to see it in the app?” Where the answer is Yes

Thanks for letting me know about the 'USB Media Library', but still not where the OP wants it :(
I suppose it makes sense to want to access it from My Music given that's where the saved playlists and local music are located.

Re 3, all the Spotify option in the WiiM Home app does is open a page where there’s a button to open the Spotify app. You can save yourself a few presses if you just open the Spotify app itself, but you can’t set it as a preset in the WiiM Home app

Re 3, all the Spotify option in the WiiM Home app does is open a page where there’s a button to open the Spotify app. You can save yourself a few presses if you just open the Spotify app itself, but you can’t set it as a preset in the WiiM Home app
Hi Brantome, Ian

You can Preset Spotify content within the WiiM Home App by following this. I have attached the steps below for your reference:

How to Save a Playlist as a Preset:

1. In Spotify App: Play your playlist.
2. Stream to WiiM Device: Use Spotify Connect to stream to your WiiM Mini or Pro.
3. Save as Preset in WiiM Home App:
  • Open WiiM Home App and tap the Miniplay bar.
  • Navigate to "Now Playing UI".
  • Below the track progress bar, tap the three dots (...) on the right.
  • Select "Preset" and save to one of the 12 preset slots.
How to Play a Preset:
Option 1: From WiiM Home App: Go to the 'Browse' tab and select 'Preset'.
Option 2: On WiiM Pro: Press the "Music" button on the front. Keep tapping to cycle through presets.
Option 3: Via WiiM Voice Remote: Access the first 4 presets directly from the remote.

I hope it clarifies the usage of preset with Spotify.

Yes, thanks, was aware of that but I took the question to mean presetting the Spotify app/ opening screen rather than a preset for particular content :)

Good afternoon, thank you all for your replies. Brantome is correct in his understanding of the functionality I would like within the app. I will just have to wait whilst the software is being developed over time.

Back