No sound optical and bluetooth

Brifast

I am using optical line from my tv. Hulu Amazon and Netflix have no sound except for previews. When I play the actual show no sound. Other apps like YouTube or Met opera have sound. Also in blue tooth mode I can't get the device to show up in my TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is your tv sound output set to PCM or Dolby Digital? Could be that it’s trying to send a Dolby signal from those apps that the WiiM can’t handle.

Have you paired your tv with your WiiM by putting the Wiim into pairing mode by pressing and holding the + and + buttons for two seconds?

Is your tv sound output set to PCM or Dolby Digital? Could be that it’s trying to send a Dolby signal from those apps that the WiiM can’t handle.
It's currently set to PCM. Can't change to don't as it needs an hdmi connection

Have you paired your tv with your WiiM by putting the Wiim into pairing mode by pressing and holding the + and + buttons for two seconds?
It's showed up but for some reason I can't pair the device to my tv

This post (albeit not for your particular model) suggests “I start Netflix and played something and with the video playing I pressed the Setting button in the remote control and then Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Audio Output Format, and here I changed Dolby Digital to PCM and the sound started.” The key seems to be making that change while something is actually playing.

This post (albeit not for your particular model) suggests “I start Netflix and played something and with the video playing I pressed the Setting button in the remote control and then Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Audio Output Format, and here I changed Dolby Digital to PCM and the sound started.” The key seems to be making that change while something is actually playing.

That seems to have worked. Will that reset each time I leave the app? I guess I know how to fix it but I real pain to have to set it each time.

That seems to have worked. Will that reset each time I leave the app? I guess I know how to fix it but I real pain to have to set it each time.
I shouldn’t think so, but tbh Samsung TV’s can be frustratingly illogical in what you need to do to get round issues…

Back