No Sound via bluetooth with Apple Tv

alyex

Hello, I have a wiim mini receiver whose sound refuses to come out once connected via bluetooth to the Apple TV although it is displayed as connected.

Can you help me please ?

I have the same situation with the mini and the pro. The Apple TV connects to the Wiim but it does not detected as a sound output device. I pair an iPad with the Wiim mini and it works.

There are some apps that don't send the audio through an airplay speaker, but if it is a bluetooth speaker the Apple TV sends all the audio (just like the homepod as default audio for apple tv).

I have the same situation with the mini and the pro. The Apple TV connects to the Wiim but it does not detected as a sound output device. I pair an iPad with the Wiim mini and it works.

There are some apps that don't send the audio through an airplay speaker, but if it is a bluetooth speaker the Apple TV sends all the audio (just like the homepod as default audio for apple tv).
Thank you for your answer. Do you know the procedure to connect to bluetooth? Because the problem is that when I try to connect the Apple TV to the Wiim in bluetooth, the pairing is not easy as with my bluetooth headphones and when it finally tells me "Connected" no sound comes out on the speakers while it works very well in bluetooth with other devices. So I find myself forced to use the Airplay as a temporary exit that disconnects after a few hours

What are you trying to play through the WiiM to the Apple TV? I could be wrong, but Idon't think the Apple TV is designed for ingesting audio/video through Bluetooth.

Thank you for your answer. Do you know the procedure to connect to bluetooth? Because the problem is that when I try to connect the Apple TV to the Wiim in bluetooth, the pairing is not easy as with my bluetooth headphones and when it finally tells me "Connected" no sound comes out on the speakers while it works very well in bluetooth with other devices. So I find myself forced to use the Airplay as a temporary exit that disconnects after a few hours
Any resolution here? I also have no sound when connecting apple tv (latest edition) to wiim pro plus via bluetooth. All other devices other than the apple tv I tried work fine.

Thanks,
Teo

Hello, I have a wiim mini receiver whose sound refuses to come out once connected via bluetooth to the Apple TV although it is displayed as connected.

Can you help me please ?
It doesn't look like Bluetooth is one of the supported paths even for the WiiM amp. The second alternative may work for you with the Mini as well.

I wouldn’t say that necessarily rules out Bluetooth. Perhaps it’s not mentioned as Bluetooth typically involves some latency so you could have lip sync issues.

If you want to use Bluetooth and not Airplay, for example, then I’ll trot out my usual mantra - raise a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section of the WiiM Home app and let them inspect your device logs for evidence.

Back