Old music and new

Bobby Gonzales

Czy tak jest również? Stare płyty, zwłaszcza bluesowe brzmią wspaniale, słucham ich z wielką przyjemnością, jednak większość nowych ma wrażenie, że wszystko jest zniekształcone i lekko świszczące.

Hi, please post in English.

Re your query, is it about streaming older albums on your WiiM or physical CDs? I guess mastering techniques or the source material can differ widely, but I don’t know if you could assume one is always better than the other unless you want to open up a discussion about the “loudness wars” etc

Generally masters from pre 1995 are more dynamic, however it varies wildly based on the mastering studio, the type of music, etc, and as such it's very hard to say with certainty if an older recording or a newer recording will have better dynamics.

Other qualities are not affected by loudness in the same way, so YMMV

no, I don't mean the volume level, I just mean that the high tones are so sparkling and not pleasant

"Loudness" has very little to do with volume level, as you largely set this yourself. However "loud" records have really bad dynamics.

Recently there has been a bit of a reversal in the trend but this article clearly explains how, when and why the problem developed. "Loudness" in this context really means compression of the dynamic range.

Back