Pandora client - station sort list

JLGF1

I can't discern what sort list is the default, but an option to sort alphabetically would be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSF
FYI: The order is what Pandora calls "Recently Collected" (screenshot below is from the Pandora web app):
Screenshot 2023-06-01 1.07.04 PM.png

I'm not sure if that's when the station was first created, or last edited, but it's a Pandora-controlled thing.

Agreed -- alpha sort would be better than this default.

IIRC, the native Pandora client has sort options. This would imply that regardless of the order returned by the native API, the client should be able to sort the data structure it maintains. This also implies that the WiiM-Pandora client could offer sort options if it were coded within the WiiM-Pandora client (obviously some dev effort required to do this, but it is considered UI standard practice).

Most-recent and alphabetic would be more useful than whatever the current default is; probably just what the API serves up by default.

My UI experience in the car with the Pandora-native app is the most recently used stations float to the top (or perhaps that's what option I have selected).

Since I have quite a few stations, with the Pandora-WiiM app I have to scroll several pages to find the MRU station (which is a pain).

Agreed; having more than a few Pandora stations becomes difficult in the current scheme. A search option would help, if sorting is too complicated.

The only workaround I've found is to assign favorite Pandora stations to WiiM presets, but of course there are only so many of those...

Back