Qobuz improvements

Dileepa

1. Qobuz needs more ways to sort and search favourites and playlists.
2. Qobuz recommendations in the app.
3. More title information about albums eg to be able to differentiate between deluxe albums and normal ones.
4. Add playing songs to favourite with a heart instead of being behind the three dot elipses.
5. Artist top played songs.

In other words - please emulate the Qobuz ui and app features on the Wiim mini :)

3. More title information about albums eg to be able to differentiate between deluxe albums and normal ones.
4. Add playing songs to favourite with a heart instead of being behind the three dot elipses.

In other words - please emulate the Qobuz ui and app features on the Wiim mini :)
Given that Qobuz are supposedly developing a Connect interface, surely it’d be more prudent for WiiM to put development effort into that? It would rather be a waste of time if they spent time adding features to the WiiM app only to find it would have been better spent on Qobuz Connect when it becomes available.

Given that Qobuz are supposedly developing a Connect interface, surely it’d be more prudent for WiiM to put development effort into that? It would rather be a waste of time if they spent time adding features to the WiiM app only to find it would have been better spent on Qobuz Connect when it becomes available.
So...
Why do they bother with Amazon and Tidal withim WHA, for example?
Because some people like to search / access all their music from a single app, or casting isn't available in their country, or...?

But I mostly agree ;)
One of the main reasons I ditched Qobuz was the lack of a real connect and relatively poor API from 3rd party apps.
Yes, if I get a pro then there's chromecast, with a couple of limitations.

Is there any official commitment and or eta from Qobuz on when they will launch connect?

I’ve seen it talked about for years.

So...
Because some people like to search / access all their music from a single app, or casting isn't available in their country, or...?

But I mostly agree ;)
One of the main reasons I ditched Qobuz was the lack of a real connect and relatively poor API from 3rd party apps.
Because the APIs for those probably pre date their Connect mechanisms and are generally easier to implement?

To be honest, I’m not posting to speculate development effort or prioritise the Wiim teams backlog.

That sounds something wiim’s team is far better placed to do.

My post was primarily here to surface the needs of my and other Qobuz users on the Wiim platform 😊

Last edited:
So...

But I mostly agree ;)
Great point some people might not be able to access Qobuz connect. Hadn’t considered that.

I also definitely agree - Wiim should improve the user experience for existing Qobuz users instead of delaying any improvements just in case Qobuz updates something in the future 😊

Is there any official commitment and or eta from Qobuz on when they will launch connect?

I’ve seen it talked about for years.
“Later this year, hopefully summer” was the comment from Qobuz in a recent comment on the upcoming WiiM/Qobuz webchat.

And I was no more directing WiiM in my opinion that they could better focus their development effort than you were in stating what you wanted the product to do :)

If you had a WiiM Pro, you could probably have those features chromecasting from the Qobuz app to the Pro anyway…

Are those features available in other third party interfaces to Qobuz? It could be the Qobuz API doesn’t present all those options to third parties so WiiM’s hands might be tied.

“Later this year, hopefully summer” was the comment from Qobuz in a recent comment on the upcoming WiiM/Qobuz webchat.

And I was no more directing WiiM in my opinion that they could better focus their development effort than you were in stating what you wanted the product to do :)

If you had a WiiM Pro, you could probably have those features chromecasting from the Qobuz app to the Pro anyway…
Ooh that’s exciting 😊 If they can actually get Qobuz connect by then that would be great. Definitely want them to support that though if it’s months away I’d still be grateful if Wiim could sort out the Qobuz usability in the meantime.

Interesting re chrome cast - I’ve actually got chrome cast downstream of the wiim via a platin hub - do you know what its max bit / sample rate is and whether it’s bit perfect by any chance?

Are those features available in other third party interfaces to Qobuz? It could be the Qobuz API doesn’t present all those options to third parties so WiiM’s hands might be tied.
Not sure to be honest.

I’ve looked into your suggestion re Chrome cast and it looks like it now supports 24bit 96khz and chromecast is way less laggy than airplay 2. As you suggested this means I don’t have to deal with the wiim ui at all so this is a big win 😊

Interestingly I do actually prefer the wiim native Qobuz playback sound vs Chromecast as it seems a bit more detailed, so perhaps better for listening to an album etc, but for casual listening chromecast seems best option

Back