screen rotation on Android

Mark Dirac

Brantome kindly offered me advice here because I was frustrated that the WHA on Android does not rotate with the phone's orientation. For others for whom this is a small annoyance, I chose an easy solution in this app:

Screen Orientation Control by "OHMAE Ryosuke"

and after a week of use it works very well:
  • It works (so many apps do not work)
  • It's intuitive with little wasted time to learn how to use
  • It has a good Google Play Store rating
  • There's no advertising
  • There's no intrusive notifications or nagging
  • It doesn't seem to be sapping my phone or tablet's battery or other resources
  • There's no suggestion that it is any security risk, at the moment, although who knows
So, many thanks to Brantome for drawing my attention to the fact that such orientation utilities exit. (I'm still puzzled as to why WiiM don't have their app behave "normally" with regard to screen orientation.)

Brantome kindly offered me advice here because I was frustrated that the WHA on Android does not rotate with the phone's orientation. For others for whom this is a small annoyance, I chose an easy solution in this app:

Screen Orientation Control by "OHMAE Ryosuke"

and after a week of use it works very well:
  • It works (so many apps do not work)
  • It's intuitive with little wasted time to learn how to use
  • It has a good Google Play Store rating
  • There's no advertising
  • There's no intrusive notifications or nagging
  • It doesn't seem to be sapping my phone or tablet's battery or other resources
  • There's no suggestion that it is any security risk, at the moment, although who knows
So, many thanks to Brantome for drawing my attention to the fact that such orientation utilities exit. (I'm still puzzled as to why WiiM don't have their app behave "normally" with regard to screen orientation.)
WiiM have said they hope to address this in Q124 - looks like the original android development was for phone use only so they now need to develop a "universal" app that can work in landscape or portrait mode on all types of Android device.

Back