Showing latest album added on my NAS

Fa5en

On my Bluesound Node 2i the app shows the latest added albums when choosing music from my NAS. I there a way to get the Wiim Mini/Pro to do the same?

It's a function of the media server you're connecting to. I'm using MinimServer and by default it shows the latest 300 tracks.

What media server are you using?

A quick search seems to suggest that Plex maybe an option on these. Is that what you're using?

Would also be worth checking with another app such as BubbleUPnP or mconnect, but I'm pretty sure that if the WiiM app isn't displaying it then it's because the media server isn't making it available, after all, it's not the one indexing your files.

I haven't installed any media server software on the WD Ultra. Perhabs i should look into this ;)

I haven't installed any media server software on the WD Ultra. Perhabs i should look into this ;)
There must be something running as the WiiM app can't index network shares directly, so maybe it's just a basic one to get you started.

Yeah i think it must be some kind of standard/default DLNA software on the WD as it works without any problems with my Bluesound Node 2i and my Sonos gear around the house.
And the Wiim mini has no issues finding the music folder on the WD. I just like the "latest addition" feature in the Bluos.

I know Plex does have 'Recently Added' but it doesn't look like Twonky does (as least from a standard install) so Plex may be the better option.
Sonos and BluOS are probably indexing the files on the NAS rather than using the built in media server, otherwise the indexes would look the same as you're seeing in the WiiM app.

Back