Have you seen the multiple tracks problem?

ls35a

Six months ago I bought a Wiim pro. When I used the ap to look at the folders on my NAS I saw tracks were repeated two, three, four times.

After months of trying to communicate with Wiim support I gave up.

A month ago I sent them an email and asked if the problem had been fixed. They said it had. So I bought a Mini and guess what? They were WRONG.

I can look at the NAS folders on my PC and they're fine. My Bluesound Node 2I has never had this problem in seven years.

My eight year old NAS drive died last week and I just replaced it with the same model.

I know it's a slim chance but I'm wondering if the new NAS maybe won't have this problem. But I'm getting tired of buying Wiims that don't work. Wiim has never told me that they have any idea about this problem.

Anyone else seen this problem? ANYONE?

No, sorry.

In any case I think this is rather an issue with the app than with the device. More details of what you see in what app with what settings and what exact NAS your talking about (and how it's configured) might be useful.

I have a Synology NAS, I play music over a network using DLNA in Wiim Amp, and I can see all folders and songs 1x.

If WiiM have acknowledged the problem then it's likely just an incompatibility with the media server on your NAS, but there should be lots of options open to you - MinimServer being a popular one.

I can look at the NAS folders on my PC and they're fine. My Bluesound Node 2I has never had this problem in seven years.
Windows explorer and BluOS read the files directly from the NAS, whereas the WiiM products require your audio files to be indexed and presented by a UPnP Server. This is why you're seeing different results.

Last edited:
Back