Solved - Human Error - Left and Right Output Channels Reversed

SWM

Wiim Pro Plus. The L&R output channels are reversed regardless of output selection i.e. on RCA, coax & optical digital. This happens both while streaming via Ethernet or casting on Airplay. I raised a ticket with the support team but they clearly didn't read my description and their reply reads "It sounds like you're encountering issues with the optical input." This has nothing to do with optical input - I don't even have a source to try optical input.

Anyway, I find it very unlikely that this is a random error that only affects my unit. Have any other users actually tested that their output channels are correct e.g. using an audiophile test CD or a piece of music with a high degree of L / R polarisation and compared with CD or listening directly through headphones etc (i.e. bypassing the Wiim)? I'm running up against the 30 day return window, so if no resolution shortly it's going back.

CEA/CEDIA-863-B (ANSI)
Title:
Connection Color Codes for Home Theater Systems
Document Number:
CEA/CEDIA-863-B (ANSI)
Description:
This standard defines the colors for marking connections commonly used for electronic devices in a home theater system. This standard adds continuity to installation information and ensures consistency of information to installers.
1000002305.jpg1000002307.jpg

Reminds me of a recent post on the WiiM facebook page where someone thought the channels were reversed since as a musician he was used to hearing instruments the opposite way round from the audience - what was on his left sitting in the band was on the audience's right...

Attachments

• 1711190333221.png
    1711190333221.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 7
Just purchased a WiiM mini connected via optical out to a SMSL ŞU-1 and RCA out to my Aiyima A07 Max and noticed L and R channels to be reversed. Used an audio tool to confirm and truly reversed. My temporary fix was to reverse my rca cables. Streaming via AirPlay2. Isolated issue coming from the WiiM mini. Not sure what’s going on within the audio processing of the WiiM mini? Thanks in advance for some inputs regarding this matter.

Just purchased a WiiM mini connected via optical out to a SMSL ŞU-1 and RCA out to my Aiyima A07 Max and noticed L and R channels to be reversed. Used an audio tool to confirm and truly reversed. My temporary fix was to reverse my rca cables. Streaming via AirPlay2. Isolated issue coming from the WiiM mini. Not sure what’s going on within the audio processing of the WiiM mini? Thanks in advance for some inputs regarding this matter.
Are you using the supplied cable? I don't have any such issues with my Mini.

Back