Spotify "Supremium"

The audiophiles in Tidal and Qobuz could be 15-20% of their total subscribers . If a good chunk of them is to be transferred to Spotify while they pay more than double the price of the average Spotify subscriber ,these guys will bring respectable revenue and if they want roon why not …
Spotify and the other majors have no use for Roon. They want to maintain exclusive control over the user experience for their customer bases.

Last edited:
@steadyshot
But do you really believe that f.e. the "typical Qobuz" user is willing to change to Spotify? A company that as Tidal pranked the people for so long. Why? My Sublime tier (because I still buy music) is 24,99 € per month and the hi-res tier would be 19.99 € in Qobuz.
Spotify isn't going to get customers who enjoy the music of any or all the artists who have withdrawn their catalogs from Spotify on account of the latter's policies and decisions.

Spotify's other problem is that they've never figured out how to be profitable. They survive with subsidies from the recording and publishing industry, and some would argue from their parsimonious treatment of musical artists. Some would also observe that the two go together hand in glove.

That said, the problem for Qobuz and Tidal is that Spotify supporting lossless, if not high-res, will tend to limit the growth potential for the smaller services, even if they're superior to Spotify in other ways (e.g., quality and cost). The larger services -- Apple, Amazon, Google -- will be fine.

Last edited:
Won’t be using it, don’t like Spotify as an app it’s full of noise, it’s algorithms and playlists are really predictable to. It’s all about playlists and not albums which is not how I listen to music at all.

Spotify and the other majors have no use for Roon. They want exclusive control over the user experience for their customer bases.
And vice versa I'd say - I don't know if Roon's audacity in expecting that the major streaming services would give them daily catalog updates is to be praised or ridiculed. There's bound to be development and support costs for the streaming services to do that and unless Roon fund that, I don't see it happening.

Will Spotify connect support Hifi transmission at the same time as Supremium launches 🤔

I'm already preparing to migrate from Amazon Music to Spotify. Thank you next.🙂

Spotify's other problem is that they've never figured out how to be profitable. They survive with subsidies from the recording and publishing industry, and some would argue from their parsimonious treatment of musical artists. Some would also observe that the two go together hand in glove.
Very well said.

Too many moaning that the streaming services don't pay the artists reasonable and in the very next moment make their decision based on two €/$/£ difference changing their services. It backfires. Streaming is too cheap!

~2.3 B in revenue (only from the subscriptions). Not bad
IMG_1199.jpeg

Last edited:
Will Spotify connect support Hifi transmission at the same time as Supremium launches 🤔

I'm already preparing to migrate from Amazon Music to Spotify. Thank you next.🙂
I would doubt it going by the recent experience of Tidal and their max/flac offering. They initially only supported it on their app then started releasing the Connect api to third parties a few months later (which WiiM is working on as we speak and hope to have out in the next month or so). I fully expect Spotify Supremium to be the same.

I would doubt it going by the recent experience of Tidal and their max/flac offering. They initially only supported it on their app then started releasing the Connect api to third parties a few months later (which WiiM is working on as we speak and hope to have out in the next month or so). I fully expect Spotify Supremium to be the same.
I feel dizzy. 😵
I was planning to break up with AM later this month.

But I think Tidal and Spotify are a little different. At least Spotify should have had more than two years of preparation. So I'm sure they'll release it in perfect condition.😄

I feel dizzy. 😵
I was planning to break up with AM later this month.

But I think Tidal and Spotify are a little different. At least Spotify should have had more than two years of preparation. So I'm sure they'll release it in perfect condition.😄
May knowledge is that Qobuz is not available in Japan? I remember a statement from 2021 that they are "planning to come very soon". Did they? Would solve some issues, or not?

May knowledge is that Qobuz is not available in Japan? I remember a statement from 2021 that they are "planning to come very soon". Did they? Would solve some issues, or not?
Yes, Qobuz has acquired Onkyo music and will launch it in Japan later this year. It may come as early as this month. Eventually, I'll try both Spotify and Qobuz and choose one or the other. However, I like the ease of using Spotify, so for now I'm on their side.

And Spotify also supports your natural enemy (Alexa). 😄

Yes, Qobuz has acquired Onkyo music and will launch it in Japan later this year. It may come as early as this month. Eventually, I'll try both Spotify and Qobuz and choose one or the other. However, I like the ease of using Spotify, so for now I'm on their side.

And Spotify also supports your natural enemy (Alexa). 😄
Previously I would have said that Spotify had the best app out of the major streaming services, but as @Achim1811, 12 or 13 ;) has said, it’s now a bit of a dog’s dinner…

Despite the lack of support for Qobuz in Alexa, I find I’m gravitating towards it given its support in LMS…

Previously I would have said that Spotify had the best app out of the major streaming services, but as @Achim1811, 12 or 13 ;) has said, it’s now a bit of a dog’s dinner…

Despite the lack of support for Qobuz in Alexa, I find I’m gravitating towards it given its support in LMS…
It was hell of an action to convince WiiM to delete the 12 and the 13!
Sometimes I am a little confusing. Even for myself...

Previously I would have said that Spotify had the best app out of the major streaming services, but as @Achim1811, 12 or 13 ;) has said, it’s now a bit of a dog’s dinner

Now is that prior or subsequent to digestion?

Back