Spotify "Supremium"

Spotify gets on my nerves. TikTok-annoying video-podcast-commercial music suggestions. Unfair click practices with ghost playlists, artist death by pay distribution. Lies for years (HiFi). A likeable Swedish company has become a pied piper monopolist. I loved them for years but enough is enough.

Tidal has not disappointed me in my search for better quality, the selection suits my needs and I can use it besides Connect with UAPP/Bubble. I can think of absolutely no reason to go back to Spotify.

And dont know if its too late.
I understand what you are saying i would stay with Tidal but i,mkeeping Spotify too.
Each has its own benefits in my opinion.
Let's wait what Spotify is going to do.
I heard the lyrics will be only for paying users, quality will be too ofcourse, hopefully the better AI functions available..

Again I can understand your reaction but dont underestimate Spotify.
For me im keeping both Tidal, Spotify.

And dont know if its too late.
I understand what you are saying i would stay with Tidal but i,mkeeping Spotify too.
Each has its own benefits in my opinion.
Let's wait what Spotify is going to do.
I heard the lyrics will be only for paying users, quality will be too ofcourse, hopefully the better AI functions available..

Again I can understand your reaction but dont underestimate Spotify.
For me im keeping both Tidal, Spotify.
Just my opinion, to each his own ;-)
I still remember how excited I was about Spotify when I started steaming music more than ten years ago... A wonderful time of enthusiasm.
Fortunately, there are several providers. Spotify strung me too long in terms of Losless and I've realized in the last two years that I don't miss them. Not at all.

Just my opinion, to each his own ;-)
I still remember how excited I was about Spotify when I started steaming music more than ten years ago... A wonderful time of enthusiasm.
Fortunately, there are several providers. Spotify strung me too long in terms of Losless and I've realized in the last two years that I don't miss them. Not at all.
I totally can understand what you're saying.
They waited and waited and waited..it's a disappointment for me too.
Wished I switched to Tidal earlier but I thought for a quiet long time I couldn't pay tidal with ideal..
Now I have Tidal I very pleased with it but for now I will keep Spotify. Hoping they will offer more for paying subscribers at last..

Like many I would have loved Spotify to have gone lossless years ago. I loved the user interface and recommendations. Superb library too.
But now, for me personally, I don’t see how it can compete financially with the other major streaming services IF it increases its price once (IF) it releases a lossless tier. For me at £9.99 per month it’s already more than 3 times the price of Tidal here.

Like many I would have loved Spotify to have gone lossless years ago. I loved the user interface and recommendations. Superb library too.
But now, for me personally, I don’t see how it can compete financially with the other major streaming services IF it increases its price once (IF) it releases a lossless tier. For me at £9.99 per month it’s already more than 3 times the price of Tidal here.
I agree the app is very good.
I hope the will give their paying subscribers more options,more quality.
We all know the good recommendations are as good as the ones who doesn't pay... aren't they?
And the podcast will be the same for free subscribers..with adds that is.
Again I hope they will give more for the paying customers.. quality on better options and the quality of the music itself.

I think they will. We will see. Don't underestimate Spotify.
I will keep Tidal also no matter what Spotify does.
Very good streaming service.

Last edited:
I agree the app is very good.
I hope the will give their paying subscribers more options,more quality.
We all know the good recommendations are as good as the ones who doesn't pay... aren't they?
And the podcast will be the same for free subscribers..with adds that is.
Again I hope they will give more for the paying customers.. quality on better options and the quality of the music itself.

I'm think they will. We will see. Don't underestimate Spotify.
I will keep Tidal also no matter what Spotify does.
Very good streaming service.
I wonder if they might scrap their free accounts? Hope that current member using it for free would pay a small fee, and thereby be able to keep the paid/lossless tiers cheaper? Just a thought

I wonder if they might scrap their free accounts? Hope that current member using it for free would pay a small fee, and thereby be able to keep the paid/lossless tiers cheaper? Just a thought
Can understand very well what you're saying.
I mean YouTube is a great service I I'm a paid subscriber for YouTube too..I'm using it for video sometimes for watching music videos.
So does Spotify has to fear people are going to YouTube music when they are letting go their free subscription?
Wouldn't they make profit at last, and will their service profit overall?
Maybe they would have the confidence to know customers are willing to pay? .. the conviction YouTube music isn't the same alternative..
The trust their service its worth to pay for...its worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:
Can understand very well what you're saying.
I mean YouTube is a great service I I'm a paid subscriber for YouTube too..I'm using it for video sometimes for watching music videos.
So does Spotify has to fear people are going to YouTube music when they are letting go their free subscription?
Wouldn't they make profit at last, and will their service profit overall?
Maybe they would have the confidence to know customers are willing to pay? .. the conviction YouTube music isn't the same alternative..
The trust their service its worth to pay for...its worth it in my opinion.
I was just trying to think of a scenario whereby Spotify could introduce lossless, keep costs down, and maintain their profits. Probably completely wrong. I usually am! 😉

That scenario would probably imply paying artists even less than they do today :-(
Not really. Scrap the free accounts, and implement a small charge to offset the price of the new lossless tier. Overall it balances out and they continue to pay the same to artists.
It’s only a pipe dream anyway

Music is important to people.
They build a great app..have experience enough to make it better.
Youtube Music isn't the same ..it's not a simular alternative

I would say: Have the courage letting customers pay for your service.
It's worth paying for..

Make profit and improve the service even more.

Spotify as a music player is probably the most user-friendly app for me. I've never used Qobuz or Tidal, but Qobuz don't have a casting feature, and I often see Tidal Connect issues on this forum.

Spotify Connect is very stable, and I especially like the fact that it allows me to switch seamlessly with Bluetooth. (It can seamlessly connect music playback at home and in the car.) It's also convenient to be able to integrate with Alexa.

I mainly only use Search and My Library, so I don't get frustrated when there is content that don't need. I also appreciate the fact that personalized information is aggregated at the top of the home screen. 🤗

Back