Squeeze problems

sharkdrive

have a Wiim pro plus and several (4) squeezeboxes fed off a microjukebox server with LMS, wifi is verizon router/modem with eeros in bridge mode. Wiim app on android works(although index functions leave a lot to be desired) , wiim app on windows doesnt, more importantly, Logitech Media Server does not see Wiim as a squeezebox(other 4 radio, rasberry Pi, touch and duet are there and can be synced) it doesnt show Wiim at all. Support has been unable to help. Sorry for long post, at my wits end trying to incorporate into squueze system

Squeezelite on the WiiM does the server discovery not the other way around - is it on the same subnet (the X bit of 192.168.X.Y) as the LMS server?
Does the Verizon router have any WiFi blocking applied?
Have you tried the Pro Plus using a LAN cable?

Squeezelite on the WiiM does the server discovery not the other way around - is it on the same subnet (the X bit of 192.168.X.Y) as the LMS server?
got it will try your solutions

subnet is different, how do I change? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

subnet is different, how do I change? (sorry if this is a stupid question)
You will need to look at the Verizon router settings for the WiFi.
I did suggest to WiiM that they should allow you to specify the server IP in the app for just this reason. Squeezelite has a command line -s parameter to specify the server address but of course you can’t add it.
LMS uses TCP/UDP only so it’s quite capable of traversing subnets if it knows where it is looking.
If you can put the Pro onto the wired LAN it should be in the same subnet

You will need to look at the Verizon router settings for the WiFi.
I did suggest to WiiM that they should allow you to specify the server IP in the app for just this reason. Squeezelite has a command line -s parameter to specify the server address but of course you can’t add it.
LMS uses TCP/UDP only so it’s quite capable of traversing subnets if it knows where it is looking.
If you can put the Pro onto the wired LAN it should be in the same subnet
thank you again. the Wiim is in another room (and level) and wired directly(tried wifi dosent make a difference) into one of the eeros , sounds like I am out of luck

Ring your ISP support and explain the problem. They should be able to make your router see everything at the cost of some WiFi security

Are you sure all your eeros are in bridge mode ?
if they are in bridge mode then all your devices should be getting their IP addresses from the one DHCP server and thus be on the same subnet regardless of which node they are connected to.

Back