standby mode is not working

@davekoz, @Jdamberger1, @bill3730: How do you know that standby mode is not working?

Related to this? https://wiim.community.forum/threads/status-light.231/post-2518
You do realize when we got this device it responded to idle setting and the white led turn off. After the latest firmware, the white light remain on regardless of setting. What we and the rest of users who got accustomed to old firmware to leave it as it was before. Maybe some people like it this way but for some of us we got used to the old setting.

You do realize when we got this device it responded to idle setting and the white led turn off. After the latest firmware, the white light remain on regardless of setting. What we and the rest of users who got accustomed to old firmware to leave it as it was before. Maybe some people like it this way but for some of us we got used to the old setting.
It's possible the WiiM wizards will be able to create some settings that would enable users to set the LED to do any number of things. Personally, I think it would be most helpful to have it change color in accordance with the bit depth and sample rate of what's playing, and to emit a faint glow when it's powered up, and dark when off. And offhand, I can think of at least a dozen other options, some useful, some not.

It's possible the WiiM wizards will be able to create some settings that would enable users to set the LED to do any number of things. Personally, I think it would be most helpful to have it change color in accordance with the bit depth and sample rate of what's playing, and to emit a faint glow when it's powered up, and dark when off. And offhand, I can think of at least a dozen other options, some useful, some not.
Definitely a change of color when idle instead white on being use as well as standby. Many users have commented on this standby including myself and even sending wiim a message but on their answer was nothing wrong with it. We just gonna have to accustomed on what’s sets by wiim.

Definitely a change of color when idle instead white on being use as well as standby. Many users have commented on this standby including myself and even sending wiim a message but on their answer was nothing wrong with it. We just gonna have to accustomed on what’s sets by wiim.
If standby's definition is simply that it's not sending any bits out the S/PDIF outputs, then for me it's relatively useless to know about. My ears will tell me what's going on.

If standby's definition is simply that it's not sending any bits out the S/PDIF outputs, then for me it's relatively useless to know about. My ears will tell me what's going on.
I just like when I set the standby time the white light turn off like before or different color like when your tv is off/idle is in red.

Back