vTuner is down

Yes, but I don't care. I use TuneIn or iHeart for streaming radio stations.

About 5 years ago, the Vtuner services that were included with a Sony Blu-ray player and a Yamaha AVR I had purchased both happened to stop working around the same time. I suspect it was because of licensing agreements expiring with Vtuner. Sony just removed streaming radio capability from the unit, Yamaha switched everyone over to airable.radio via a firmware update.

I am speculating that the Vtuner licensing arrangement with WiiM expired.

If you can't find the streams you are looking for in a different service, you may be able to grab the stream URLs and add them into the WiiM to play them.

also other hardware devices have the same problem with vtuner. It seems vtuner service is not operating for now, so it it may not be our WiiMs problem.
I hope vtuner can fix it soon.

It's back up for me and others.

Yes, but I don't care. I use TuneIn or iHeart for streaming radio stations.

About 5 years ago, the Vtuner services that were included with a Sony Blu-ray player and a Yamaha AVR I had purchased both happened to stop working around the same time. I suspect it was because of licensing agreements expiring with Vtuner. Sony just removed streaming radio capability from the unit, Yamaha switched everyone over to airable.radio via a firmware update.

I am speculating that the Vtuner licensing arrangement with WiiM expired.

If you can't find the streams you are looking for in a different service, you may be able to grab the stream URLs and add them into the WiiM to play them.
Same thing with my Marantz streamer. Problem was that vTuner license ran out and now it costs $5 per year to renew. I gladly pay it because I think the streaming quality is better.

It was just down.

I have had many issues with Vtuner. No podcasts ever play. I get a message track not found. Interesting I used to listen to them before but nothing now. The server disconnect keeps happening. Some of the Old-Time radio stations I listen to have an automated message; we are aware of the disconnect and our services provider is working on them. It should be back to normal in a week. That was in December. Same issues today.

Back