How to turn off standby mode?

jwoodywild

I am having all sorts of issues with the Wiim home app finding the device each time it comes out of standby mode. I have read others turning off standby mode but I don't see that option? I only see a list of time before entering standby. Android + Google Pixel 7. Thx.

Never is not available for the Amp in EU, at least.

@jwoodywild, would you mind providing more info? What WiiM device, how do you wake up your device, firmware and app versions and so on?

Sounds unlikely to me that the root cause is in the Home app settings.

I am in the US using a Google Pixel 7 and have the app from the Google Play store. There is no never setting.

I am on firmware 5.0 606744

App version 2.8.5.240219.a82b60

I wake the device by opening the app (in theory) or the Quboz app.

Strange. I have (and always have had) the Android WHA on a Moto G phone here as well as the iOS version on an iPad, and both have the Never choice at the bottom of the Standby settings list.

Strange. I have (and always have had) the Android WHA on a Moto G phone here as well as the iOS version on an iPad, and both have the Never choice at the bottom of the Standby settings list.
When did Eugene, Oregon move into EU territory? ;)

Still, I think it's more important to identify the root cause of the problem. Nothing wrong with WiiM devices entering standby mode after a couple of minutes.

No idea what is going on - suddenly left speaker only works for the first 5 seconds of a song then 98% of the sound is gone - like the speaker was put on mute. Also, rarely does that app not go into "searching for device" mode when opened. I am sure somehow they are all related...

No idea what is going on - suddenly left speaker only works for the first 5 seconds of a song then 98% of the sound is gone - like the speaker was put on mute. Also, rarely does that app not go into "searching for device" mode when opened. I am sure somehow they are all related...
@jwoodywild, would you mind providing more info? What WiiM device, how do you wake up your device, firmware and app versions and so on?

When did Eugene, Oregon move into EU territory? ;)

Still, I think it's more important to identify the root cause of the problem. Nothing wrong with WiiM devices entering standby mode after a couple of minutes.
I wish ... But as Jwoody says in post #5, "I am in the US", so I thought it would be relevant ....

jwoodywild, does this issue occur particularly after a firmware update, or is it chronic? I ask because several times, updates have changed my Wifi setting (in Network Status) to "on", tho' I only use ethernet for audio input. On those occasions, WHA has had trouble finding the streamer.

As others have requested, please provide more info.

Here are the 3 trouble shootings.

1. Reboot your device
2. Reinstall WiiM home app
3. Factory reset your device

Also, from the issue of your device, there may be a problem with the network quality. If you're using Wiim over Wi-Fi, please try connecting to an Ethernet or rebooting your router.

If you've tried these and still don't see any improvement, please submit a support ticket via app feedback. Device logs are also sent to help you resolve issues.

Also, as @harkpabst pointed out, you will need to provide the model name of your device if you ask for advice here. 😉

Thanks everyone. I submitted a ticket. That said:

Wiim Amp
Android version of the app - 2.8.5.240219.a82b60
Firmware: 5.0.606744

I have rebooted the router which helps temporarily, I have reinstalled the app, etc.
If it is something with my Wifi i can not figure it out. The amp is like 3 feet from my laptop and on any speed test I am pulling down at least 40bps.

Also, one odd thing, when I used the iOS version via iPad it seemed to work much better. So maybe it is a Pixel or Android issue? IDK.

Thanks everyone. I submitted a ticket. That said:

Wiim Amp
Android version of the app - 2.8.5.240219.a82b60
Firmware: 5.0.606744

I have rebooted the router which helps temporarily, I have reinstalled the app, etc.
If it is something with my Wifi i can not figure it out. The amp is like 3 feet from my laptop and on any speed test I am pulling down at least 40bps.

Also, one odd thing, when I used the iOS version via iPad it seemed to work much better. So maybe it is a Pixel or Android issue? IDK.
Does using an iPad solve all your problems?
If not, you can also try the following:

You can check your Wi-Fi sensitivity in the Network Status section of device settings in the WiiM home app.

IMG_20240227_112414.jpg

You can also try turning off "Preferred DNS Server" and "Enable IPv6".

Also, if you're using 5GHz Wi-Fi, try 2.4GHz as well. (Device reset required)

IMG_20240227_112443.jpg

Also, is it possible to check the operation of the WiiM amp by placing it near the router and connecting it with a LAN cable?

No idea what is going on - suddenly left speaker only works for the first 5 seconds of a song then 98% of the sound is gone - like the speaker was put on mute.
Is this still happening? This is particularly weird. I don't see how any WiFi or WiiM Home App issue should result in the Amp receiving or powering one channel, only. I cannot imagine this happening unless there is something wrong with either the source or the WiiM Amp itself.

You should still try out the steps recommended by @Wiimer and see if it makes a difference. Different network hardware and software could still behave slightly differently, even though this should be less of an issue nowadays.

Have you set up your router to always assign the same IP address to your Amp? This is another setting that should ideally not be necessary, but sometimes helps with device discovery and it's free. :) Do not change the "Configure IP" setting in your WiiM Home App to manual, but keep it set to automatic!

Do current Pixel phones still allow turning off battery optimization for individual apps? If none of the above helps the I would try to set the WiiM Home App to "unrestricted" or whatever that setting might be called on Google's stock Android.

Is this still happening? This is particularly weird. I don't see how any WiFi or WiiM Home App issue should result in the Amp receiving or powering one channel, only. I cannot imagine this happening unless there is something wrong with either the source or the WiiM Amp itself.
Yes, I agree with you.

@jwoodywild,
It may not be relevant, but you should also check the speakers and speaker cables.

Back