Subwoofer on/off

weobleyc

Hello all,

I have got the Wiim Amp for about a week now. I'm mostly happy with it. One aspect is not needing my harmony hub and additional devices anymore.
Yet I still have one problem: I used to switch on my subwoofer by a main/follow bank block using my old yamaha amp as main.
Now with the Wiim Amp I tried the same approach. The problem ist standby and working power seem so close by that the bank offen shortly switches off and back/on directly after another, offen multiple times in a row. There is a delay, so the sub doesn't turn off and back on all the time, but the switch is relativly loud. This results in anoying random rattling noise especially at low volume.

The auto on/off of the subwoofer function requires a relativly strong input to fire - no option.
Sadly the amp doesn't have a trigger out, so I can't use a triggered plug.
Yes, I could use a smart plug, but I'd have to remember switching it off.

Does anybody have a way to reliably switch the sub on and off with the amp?

Hello all,

I have got the Wiim Amp for about a week now. I'm mostly happy with it. One aspect is not needing my harmony hub and additional devices anymore.
Yet I still have one problem: I used to switch on my subwoofer by a main/follow bank block using my old yamaha amp as main.
Now with the Wiim Amp I tried the same approach. The problem ist standby and working power seem so close by that the bank offen shortly switches off and back/on directly after another, offen multiple times in a row. There is a delay, so the sub doesn't turn off and back on all the time, but the switch is relativly loud. This results in anoying random rattling noise especially at low volume.

The auto on/off of the subwoofer function requires a relativly strong input to fire - no option.
Sadly the amp doesn't have a trigger out, so I can't use a triggered plug.
Yes, I could use a smart plug, but I'd have to remember switching it off.

Does anybody have a way to reliably switch the sub on and off with the amp?
Hi,
What are the subwoofer settings for the WiiM home app?

I think that if the level and crossover values are low, such a problem may occur. Can you post the subwoofer setting screen here?

hJ52fHc-ldusQuNgxlEfNkahXmM0k5wTMQ.jpeg

(Sorry, I don't have a WiiM amp, so I don't know if I can give you the best advice.)

Thank you.

Reactions: rjw
I’ve had similar issues with other products in the past.

One possible solution is to turn the volume on the subwoofer itself right down, and set the subwoofer level on the WiiM high.

This means a stronger signal from the WiiM, being easier for the sub to detect.

Or, as I do, turn off the auto on/off on the sub, and turn it on and off manually, or just leave it on all the time.

Thanks Wiimer and Steve, I tried that.
I turned down the volume of the sub istelf and
I set the sub level of the wiim amp to +15 dB.
At first that worked. After pausing the music for a minute or so, there was no more bass at all.
After waiting for the auto off and trying again the sub also didn't turn on in auto on off mode.

I hope I didn't ruin my subwoofer.

Back