Subwoofer Control through WIIM EQ

Graham

Question: Is it possible to control subwoofer frequencies through the Wiim EQ BEFORE they are passed to the subwoofer?

I have an SVS subwoofer connected to the Wiim Amp. At times I need two apps to control movie volume: one for Wiim and one for the SVS subwoofer (Bluetooth). Otherwise the house shakes.

Background;
I'm have trouble controlling the subwoofer output thru the Wiim EQ controls.
If all Wiim low frequencies are cut off, the subwoofer still outputs low frequencies.
This occurs on YouTube music and on Google TV Plex app (for movies)

This means I need two apps to control movie volume, one for WIIM, one for the SVS subwoofer--which is cumbersome. The WIIM EQ should be doing that?

Much appreciation in advance.
G

Question: Is it possible to control subwoofer frequencies through the Wiim EQ BEFORE they are passed to the subwoofer?

I have an SVS subwoofer connected to the Wiim Amp. At times I need two apps to control movie volume: one for Wiim and one for the SVS subwoofer (Bluetooth). Otherwise the house shakes.

Background;
I'm have trouble controlling the subwoofer output thru the Wiim EQ controls.
If all Wiim low frequencies are cut off, the subwoofer still outputs low frequencies.
This occurs on YouTube music and on Google TV Plex app (for movies)

This means I need two apps to control movie volume, one for WIIM, one for the SVS subwoofer--which is cumbersome. The WIIM EQ should be doing that?

Much appreciation in advance.
G
I have SVS sub as well. I turn off Low Pass Filter feature on SVS app and then don't really use it. In the subwoofer section of wiim app you control crossover and gain. In the eq settings you can boost specific frequencies. Will have even more control when 10 point eq gets released soon.

I have SVS sub as well. I turn off Low Pass Filter feature on SVS app and then don't really use it. In the subwoofer section of wiim app you control crossover and gain. In the eq settings you can boost specific frequencies. Will have even more control when 10 point eq gets released soon.
I tried toggling the low pass filter. Thank you. Still seems that the EQ is not cutting off the subwoofer frequencies—especially with a movie with heavy low frequencies. Using SVS app to reduce volume does work. Perhaps this is something Wiim can investigate and/or improve the experience. Would love to forget about (and enjoy) the subwoofer, and not wake the neighbors during a movie.

You have up to -15db of adjustment in the WiiM app subwoofer section. For me that almost turns off bass. Have you played with that one? EQ also allows -12db. In SVS app I generally leave gain at -10db which is default. Maybe post a few screenshots to show values?

Screenshots from the SVS app and the WiiM Home App would be helpful, indeed. Also mention what SVS model you have and how it is connected to the amp.

In general, all EQ settings on the WiiM Amp (graphic EQ or parametric EQ) will always simply influence the frequency it points to.

If the crossover frequency in the Home App is e.g. set to 200 Hz, then 125 Hz EQ will (almost exclusively) affect the sub. If the crossover frequency is e.g. set to 80 Hz, then 125 Hz EQ will (mostly) affect the mains speakers.

The subwoofe level set in the WiiM Home App only applies to the sub. The combines settings of subwoofe volume in the WiiM app and SVS app will determine the absolute level. If you have this wright for general use, then having more or less bass for different programm materials should only be a matter of choosing between different saved EQ settings in the WiiM app.

Sorry for the delay. I have a SVS SB-1000 pro
My WIIM crossover frequency is set to 80hz, as it was recommended—I’m no expert.
For speakers, I have a pair of Elac Debut Reference.
I use the system for music and movies, fairly equally.

For music, the SVS subwoofer presents is no issues.
For movies, low frequencies (rumbles, explosions) are more causing issues with neighbors.
I didn’t know about the subwoofer volume in WIIM subwoofer section.—I’ll try integrating that :)

Practical Thought: Rather than manually changing settings for movies/music, maybe what I’m looking for is a low frequency limiter. To keep the Jurassic park dinosaur stomps somewhat restrained.
Digital limiters plugins are fairly common?

maybe what I’m looking for is a low frequency limiter.
Have you tried using the Room Gain Compensation in the SVS app? Before I bought my SVS SB3000 I looked at the reviews and upsetting the neighbours seemed to be regarded as positive by many reviewers.

I’ll give room gain compensation a try! I do think a WIIM limiter might be an interesting avenue.

Back