Allow 12V trigger to be controlled by standby mode status instead of playback

bobster26

I started using a WiiM Pro Plus four days ago. I'm hoping it can replace an old preamp.

According to the article linked below, the 12v trigger raises the voltage music starts playing, and reduces the voltage 2.5 minutes after music stops playing.

Please add the option of instead having the voltage raised only when the WiiM awakens from standby mode and lowered when it enters standby mode (whether by pressing the button on the remote or using the Standby timer in the app), making this independent of playback mode.

This is how my preamp works - when you turn it on, it turns on the power amp. When you turn it off, it turns off the power amp. This makes much more sense.

With the current implementation, the first few seconds of music is cut off due to the time it takes the amplifier to turn on. Even if a delay is added to playback to compensate, I still strongly prefer that the trigger function be tied to Standby mode instead of playback. Perhaps there could be a choice of trigger modes.

EDIT: Also, please add to the WiiM Home app a button for entering/exiting standby mode, analogous to the one on the remote that comes with the WiiM Pro Plus.

EDIT 2: The WiiM Pro Plus does turn the amp off when it enters Standby mode via a press of the "Standby" button on the remote, so this part of the functionality is OK. But this makes it all the more confusing that pressing the button to wake it from Standby mode doesn't turn the amp on.

I submitted a ticket about this and am posting here to cover my bases. It is a feature request forum, after all.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I joined this forum today so I could illustrate my issues. I have a nice external dac with multiple inputs. I use the WiiM remote to turn on my mono amps. I run my tv optical out straight to my external dac because I use my tv volume as a center channel. When running through the WiiM directly I would get a delay in the audio so I have to run straight to my external DAC. I run my android DAP through the WiiM and my record player through the WiiM. Long story short when I turn on the WiiM to watch tv. It turns my amps off in two minutes. Because the WiiM isn’t detecting audio because it’s going straight to the external dac. Can you please fix this?! I changed standby to never and was hoping that would fix the problem but it doesn’t. I bought this device mainly for the remote 12v trigger and to use as a preamp of sorts. It’s a great product and this change would be of great benefit to many.
Have you tried running thru the WiiM directly? You might find any delay isn't perceptible

Have you tried running thru the WiiM directly? You might find any delay isn't perceptible
The delay is perceptible and unacceptable. It’s just too many channels to run through. Maybe the delay would be less if I ran the wiim straight to the amps but I like my external dac and xlr outs. The fix would make many people happy. 12v trigger should be associated with standby mode and never should mean never.

The delay is perceptible and unacceptable. It’s just too many channels to run through. Maybe the delay would be less if I ran the wiim straight to the amps but I like my external dac and xlr outs. The fix would make many people happy. 12v trigger should be associated with standby mode and never should mean never.
My amp connected from WiiM pro with a 12V trigger cable wakes up from standby as soon as I press the power button on the WiiM remote. There is no delay.

Therefore, your problem may be due to the compatibility of the WiiM and your amp.

My devices :
WiiM Pro >> (Optical) >> Topping D30 pro >> (xlr) >> TP RA3
WiiM pro >> (trigger cable) >> TP RA3

My amp connected from WiiM pro with a 12V trigger cable wakes up from standby as soon as I press the power button on the WiiM remote. There is no delay.

Therefore, your problem may be due to the compatibility of the WiiM and your amp.

My devices :
WiiM Pro >> (Optical) >> Topping D30 pro >> (xlr) >> TP RA3
WiiM pro >> (trigger cable) >> TP RA3
The delay has nothing to do with the amp waking up. The delay is in reference to running my optical out from my tv to the wiim to the external dac. There is too much latency to utilize my tv speakers. The wiim creates the audio sync delay. I have to run my optical straight to my external dac to circumvent the sync issue. The issue is that I use the wiim for the 12v trigger to my mono amps. The wiim automatically shuts off my amps after 2.5 minutes because audio is not being fed through it because I’m running my tv optical out directly to my external dac and not running it to the wiim because the wiim has a delay which is noticeable. I need the 12v trigger to be associated with the standby mode so when I set it to never my amps are never turned off when I’m watching tv because it’s not running through the wiim.

Sorry, I didn't read your first post.
No worries. I just hope this change can be implemented in the future as I don’t see an argument against associating standby timing with the 12v trigger. From a programming standpoint it would appear relatively easy to implement as well. If there is an argument, giving the 12v trigger it’s own scheduler would be the solution.

The delay has nothing to do with the amp waking up. The delay is in reference to running my optical out from my tv to the wiim to the external dac. There is too much latency to utilize my tv speakers. The wiim creates the audio sync delay. I have to run my optical straight to my external dac to circumvent the sync issue. The issue is that I use the wiim for the 12v trigger to my mono amps. The wiim automatically shuts off my amps after 2.5 minutes because audio is not being fed through it because I’m running my tv optical out directly to my external dac and not running it to the wiim because the wiim has a delay which is noticeable. I need the 12v trigger to be associated with the standby mode so when I set it to never my amps are never turned off when I’m watching tv because it’s not running through the wiim.
That is strange.
For me, tv optical out to wiim pro optical in, optical out to external dac, rca to amp....
No sync issues re. lips and sound.
At least, no issues the last time I tried it... possibly been a firmware update since then ;)
Put the wiim in a group and the lag is terrible, which is probably to be expected really.
On its own though, all good.

That is strange.
For me, tv optical out to wiim pro optical in, optical out to external dac, rca to amp....
No sync issues re. lips and sound.
At least, no issues the last time I tried it... possibly been a firmware update since then ;)
Put the wiim in a group and the lag is terrible, which is probably to be expected really.
On its own though, all good.
I just need the 12v trigger remapped to correspond with standby mode and then I will be happy with this product. Also I’d like Apple Music integrated so I don’t have to run my dap. That last one may be a pipe dream. Maybe I’ll switch back to tidal. This product is so close to being a knockout. Mostly software based improvements but adding a small screen to tell me current input would go a long way. I’ve got other feedback but I’ll save it.

Back