True standby mode.

A true standby mode is needed. If I turn it off with the remote control, the device should consume a maximum of 0.2W.
I think that's difficult for devices that are connected to the network. 🤔
This may be possible if you regularly disconnect your router from the WiiM.

A true standby mode is needed. If I turn it off with the remote control, the device should consume a maximum of 0.2W.
As these devices require an external PSU, do you mean consumption on AC or DC side?

So.
Wiim Pro consumes 1.7W in standby mode and the same amount when turned on. It does not make sense. There is a Bluetooth remote control that can turn on the device.

I have a Mecool KM2 streamer (connected to the network via RJ-45) with a Bluetooth remote control, which draws 3W during operation and 0.2W in standby mode.

Based on this, I conclude that it is possible to design a device that is economical. We don't listen to music 24 hours a day.

The Bluetooth remote is optional with the Wiim Pro and most people will operate it with their mobile phone via WiFi so the Wiim Pro has to maintain a WiFi connection. It consumes 1.7W but from your post you would think it was 1.7KW. If you want to save energy buy a more efficient tumble dryer.

The support team stated in a thread on the WiiM amp that "standby mode does not exist". I'm sure other WiiM devices will do the same, but only idle will be present. It may have something to do with the fact that the WiiM supports voice control such as Alexa without a remote.

I don't know if the support team will respond to this thread, but I think it is necessary to keep it idling by design.

It's rather slightly below 1.4W DC consumption in the idle mode with WiFi maintained for the Pro... but uhm, yes, it's not 0.2W or similar for sure.

None of us has one device at home, but we have 40-50 of them. Each consumes energy unnecessarily while on standby. Large companies (like SONY) and small ones (like Mecool) understood this and now the standard is 0.2-0.3W in standby mode. Therefore, I would like to encourage Wiim to be more eco-friendly :)

Back