Allow 12V trigger to be controlled by standby mode status instead of playback

bobster26

I started using a WiiM Pro Plus four days ago. I'm hoping it can replace an old preamp.

According to the article linked below, the 12v trigger raises the voltage music starts playing, and reduces the voltage 2.5 minutes after music stops playing.

Please add the option of instead having the voltage raised only when the WiiM awakens from standby mode and lowered when it enters standby mode (whether by pressing the button on the remote or using the Standby timer in the app), making this independent of playback mode.

This is how my preamp works - when you turn it on, it turns on the power amp. When you turn it off, it turns off the power amp. This makes much more sense.

With the current implementation, the first few seconds of music is cut off due to the time it takes the amplifier to turn on. Even if a delay is added to playback to compensate, I still strongly prefer that the trigger function be tied to Standby mode instead of playback. Perhaps there could be a choice of trigger modes.

EDIT: Also, please add to the WiiM Home app a button for entering/exiting standby mode, analogous to the one on the remote that comes with the WiiM Pro Plus.

EDIT 2: The WiiM Pro Plus does turn the amp off when it enters Standby mode via a press of the "Standby" button on the remote, so this part of the functionality is OK. But this makes it all the more confusing that pressing the button to wake it from Standby mode doesn't turn the amp on.

I submitted a ticket about this and am posting here to cover my bases. It is a feature request forum, after all.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll ask too
I often have a situation where I have to pause the music (I'm talking on the phone). I don't want my amplifier to turn off every 2.5 minutes because it harms its circuits due to the pause in sound. 2.5 minutes is too short. I want the sleep mode to activate trigger.

I strongly support this request. Conventional trigger behavior that is slaved to the on/standby state machine would have been widely accepted and probably not even a topic of discussion had it bee implemented this way from day 1. But it is not too late, and if WiiM wanted to play it safe, a "chicken switch" (legacy trigger mode option toggle) could be added for those who have (for some reason?) become attached to the current default behavior.

I totally agree with this request. It makes a lot of sense to have the trigger 12V on when the Pro Plus comes out of standby and stay on until the unit goes back to standby.
I am using the Pro Plus as a preamp to an old but lovely power amp. These old amps, and valve amps particularly, should not be turned on and off frequently.

I started using a WiiM Pro Plus four days ago. I'm hoping it can replace an old preamp.

According to the article linked below, the 12v trigger raises the voltage music starts playing, and reduces the voltage 2.5 minutes after music stops playing.

Please add the option of instead having the voltage raised only when the WiiM awakens from standby mode and lowered when it enters standby mode, making this independent of playback mode.

This is how my preamp works - when you turn it on, it turns on the power amp. When you turn it off, it turns off the power amp. This makes much more sense.

With the current implementation, the first few seconds of music is cut off due to the time it takes the amplifier to turn on. Even if a delay is added to playback to compensat, I still strongly prefer that the trigger function be tied to Standby mode instead of playback. Perhaps there could be a choice of trigger modes.

EDIT: Also, please add to the WiiM Home app a button for entering/exiting standby mode, analogous to the one on the remote that comes with the WiiM Pro Plus.

EDIT 2: The WiiM Pro Plus does turn the amp off when it enters Standby mode via a press of the "Standby" button on the remote, so this part of the functionality is OK. But this makes it all the more confusing that pressing the button to wake it from Standby mode doesn't turn the amp on.

Thanks!
Exactly what i want. made a ticket to support saying the same. We also need the trigger to be 3.5mm not 2.5mm.

We also need the trigger to be 3.5mm not 2.5mm.
in another thread, support said they chose 2.5mm to prevent people from accidentally plugging in headphones and damaging them.

i'm using this adapter cable (Amazon US):

Last edited:
Can’t you use a 3.5mm to 2.5mm convertor cable? It’s a bit late for WiiM to change the physical hardware
I had a hard time finding one that works. And i had meant for next hardware recision

they should sell a cable or adaptor that works.
They should include an adapter cable or at least an adapter, since 2.5mm is not the standard size. Preferably a cable, as I've heard that barrel adapters are generally not very reliable.

Let's stick to the topic. How to notify the support department about the trigger time so that they notice the problem and say officially whether they will change it?

My mantra (as others will no doubt say) is to use the feedback section under settings in the WiiM Home app to raise a feature request ticket :)

I wanted to say while I prefer the current behaviour and don’t want the behaviour OP described, I 100% support the request to make it configurable.

Everything relating to the trigger feature (including the fact that it simply doesn’t work with a wide range of other equipment...) is extremely basic at present. Troubleshooting is difficult, because there’s no indication whether Wiim thinks the trigger is on or off, and no way to shorten the off timeout, which is excruciatingly long when running several tests in a row.

Anything Wiim can do to give us more options with this feature, including changing the timings and being able to further configure the exact conditions that set the trigger, would be extremely welcome to me.

Please add the option of instead having the voltage raised only when the WiiM awakens from standby mode and lowered when it enters standby mode (whether by pressing the button on the remote or using the Standby timer in the app), making this independent of playback mode.

With the current implementation, the first few seconds of music is cut off due to the time it takes the amplifier to turn on. Even if a delay is added to playback to compensate, I still strongly prefer that the trigger function be tied to Standby mode instead of playback. Perhaps there could be a choice of trigger modes.

I submitted a ticket about this and am posting here to cover my bases. It is a feature request forum, after all.

Thanks!
Hi bobster26,

Great suggestion regarding an addition to the trigger mode! I'll bring this up with our Engineering team for potential implementation. Stay tuned for updates!

Yes, it would be great to have the trigger linked to the standby time. And please add longer times than 20 minutes to the list, like 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, so my amplifier does not cool down too early. Thanks!

Back