Streaming giant TIDAL cuts 40 jobs, source confirms

One reason I've stayed with Tidal is that their interface is clean and easy to navigate (across various streamers. Spotify is awful on Sonos). I like the simple 4 item choice of Playlists- Artists-Albums-Tracks they give for my account. All the chatter, about hi this and Supremium that, makes no difference to me as my hearing is shot, anyway.

Carry on!

I supply spotify with audio files....
Well given that I understand Spotify’s technical requirements state that your track must be a .wav file of at least 16bit and a sample rate of 44.1 kHz, you’re probably not alone in that. But even if that means that a “third of their catalog” contains such, it’s rather moot if they’re not delivering that thru their current service.

Getting back to Tidal...if I were a Tidal subscriber, I'd begin using Soundiiz or somesuch to save my playlists, library, loved albums/tracks, etc. on a daily basis.
Thanks for the heads up. But why? If the worst happens, I’ll just move to another provider. I’m only with Tidal right now as it’s the cheapest of those with decent sound quality.

Reactions: DRC
Thanks for the heads up. But why? If the worst happens, I’ll just move to another provider. I’m only with Tidal right now as it’s the cheapest of those with decent sound quality.
So that you can copy all those favourites to the new provider.

So that you can copy all those favourites to the new provider.
No need. I only ever listen to complete albums in the recorded running order. Never playlists etc. So moving to a new provider is absolutely no issue whatsoever. Thanks

Reactions: DRC
It’s not just tidal, Spotify as well. In these competitive world of streaming, they need to think outside streaming services to push more revenue such as produce a streaming devices, smart speakers and anything that can be attach that’s related to music. When you buy a printer you want to make sure that you attach ink, paper and usb cable to maximize profit margin, just saying.

Different to the many employees with smaller income a CFO is able to sell a day before he was fired stocks and shares worth ≈ 9,x million $..
No silent fairways for Promisfy 😉

Back