Test WIIM pro+ with different power supplies

I'm interested in the results of those doing testing with the Wiim products, both subjective and measurement based. Do you find a big difference between a good smps and a LPS with the Wiim pro?

A great quote I seem to have been following for many years now, "question everything" Einstein. Every single thing I think I know is just that, it is all subject to change as I learn more which I have spent many decades pursuing in dozens of areas, makes life much more interesting than just blinding following any sort of dogma. That said, everything I post is also subject to change if I learn otherwise, for now a combination of objective, subjective and open mindedness are what I go by and it works well for me. Take a deep look into the cosmos, inner space, ancient text and hieroglyphics, ruins all over the world, we are but a spec of time upon this amazing planet and barely comprehend just how magnificent it is at the micro and macro levels, let alone the universe. I for one believe we are blessed to live in such an incredible time and am grateful for each and everyday I get to see and learn more all of it I can take in. I have already stated what I believe is true about our differences in the subject of this thread, the same stand I have in all things.

Peace and prosperity to all in this very interesting new year ahead of us:) (which can and will mean many different things to everyone and to us all)

"If we had the understanding to realize that we do not have the understanding we ought to have, we would not be so dogmatic about those things we do not understand."
Forgot to write down who was the woman or man saying that, but it sounds wise 😉

All good meant tries to make this thread more calm and relaxed were at once sabotaged by The Cult and its very light infantry. 😂

Without calling into question mysticism, other esoteric disciplines or more materialistically logic, perhaps everything boils down to biochemistry (ohm's law and modal resonances excluded, they cannot be ignored): when something makes us produce more endorphins, even if it were a photo of Nikola Tesla affixed to the hifi system, the result is guaranteed... 🖖

Well, if you can't trust your own ears, whose can you trust? ;)
Which is why DBTs and measurements are the only way to ascertain actual differences.

If, as subjectivists frequently note, we all hear differently, then one person's opinion about how something "sounds" is irrelevant to the rest of us, surely. So why bother posting "impressions" at all?

Which is why DBTs and measurements are the only way to ascertain actual differences.

If, as subjectivists frequently note, we all hear differently, then one person's opinion about how something "sounds" is irrelevant to the rest of us, surely. So why bother posting "impressions" at all?
Have you read the objective measurements of the WiiM PROs spdif output, how it was modulated by the mains at 50 Hz with the stock supply ?

Edit: This forum is not ASR . Here , we want as good sound as possible, i.e we must trust our ears, because sometimes a coloration is perceived as a better sound.

Have you read the objective measurements of the WiiM PROs spdif output, how it was modulated by the mains at 50 Hz with the stock supply ?
I have measured it myself to be bit-perfect. I was probably the first to measure it, or at least the Mini's spdif output, to be bit-perfect.

My "impression" is that the Cult has problems to give relevant explanations and replaces the impressionistic "audiophile" gibberish with what they call "scientific" gibberish. An "about average and educated listener" (quote from the Light Infantry") will not trust them or the other side. And the tackles came always from the OAs. If one hears differences...who are you to judge?

I give up. some just prefer to believe they know more than everyone else and refuse to listen to others, that is fine. To keep hammering away with the same simple yet biased and unfounded "truth" in again poorly veiled attempts to support their dogma and show disrespect for others even though repeatedly asked to stop such behavior shows it is time to just move on so I will as have much better things to spend my time on.

When I get the time to do my own testing, my way, which is completely valid for what I want to achieve, I might post the results here for those with more open minds.

Good day,
Rick

Reactions: Mat
Edit: This forum is not ASR . Here , we want as good sound as possible, i.e we must trust our ears, because sometimes a coloration is perceived as a better sound.
So, you make the rules for this forum?

Reactions: DRC
This forum is not ASR . Here , we want as good sound as possible, i.e we must trust our ears, because sometimes a coloration is perceived as a better sound.
This forum is not ASR . Here, I want as accurate sound as possible, i.e I will not trust my ears, because sometimes what I can hear is dominated by impressions made by my brain.

I have measured it myself to be bit-perfect. I was probably the first to measure it, or at least the Mini's spdif output, to be bit-perfect.
when? (on ASR?) and above all with what technical approach?
;-)

As you well know, with the RME test tones. You can go to RME's forum and argue with them about it. Good luck! Lol.
Well, I went there once as you probably remember and they agreed that the bit-perfect test can be fooled. Or this is my conclusion that they had agreed as I'm not gonna repeat it ;)

Back