Tidal Connect Problem

Frank86

Hello,

I have a problem with Tidal Connect. When I was connected with a device via Tidal Connect to the Wiim Mini and after playing music and did not disconnect by selecting "Play on this device" in the Tidal app, it is not possible to start music playback again from the Tidal app via Connect at a later point in time. A new Control via the Tidal app is only possible after i have made a title change via the Wiim Home app.

Best wishes
 Frank

With my pro to get the higher rez on tidal I have to start by using tidal connect. Once I start a song in tidal connect I can then launch wiim player and get the higher rez to work.

With my pro to get the higher rez on tidal I have to start by using tidal connect. Once I start a song in tidal connect I can then launch wiim player and get the higher rez to work.
Hello friend, aside from tidal, do you have other streaming services? I have 3 services, tidal hifi plus, Amazon unlimited and quoboz. I don’t know why Amazon doesn’t good to my ear. Qoboz on the other hard it has bit more decay and reverb which I find exciting. Tidal has strong bass and mid bass and roll off highs.

Hello friend, aside from tidal, do you have other streaming services? I have 3 services, tidal hifi plus, Amazon unlimited and quoboz. I don’t know why Amazon doesn’t good to my ear. Qoboz on the other hard it has bit more decay and reverb which I find exciting. Tidal has strong bass and mid bass and roll off highs.
I had Apple Music and Amazon but just Tidal now. Thinking of trying Qoboz out next. Did run across a free app that looks interesting for use with tidal. It needs some work but looks like the developer has some interesting ideals in mind.

Get the app for free on Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zh.musictimetravel&hl=en&gl=US) and iOS (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rewind-music-time-travel/id6444778869

I can get that work sometimes. And when it works , man it sounds good! Problem is it doesn’t always work. It shows I am connected to WIIM on top right but no sound from speakers . Any ideas?

I had Apple Music and Amazon but just Tidal now. Thinking of trying Qoboz out next. Did run across a free app that looks interesting for use with tidal. It needs some work but looks like the developer has some interesting ideals in mind.

Get the app for free on Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zh.musictimetravel&hl=en&gl=US) and iOS (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rewind-music-time-travel/id6444778869
Did you hear difference among other services that one sound better than the other? In theory, there should be no difference but my ear can detect it in an instant.

I can get that work sometimes. And when it works , man it sounds good! Problem is it doesn’t always work. It shows I am connected to WIIM on top right but no sound from speakers . Any ideas?
Make sure on tidal connect it’s set to wiim pro output. I forgot to add that.

Make sure on tidal connect it’s set to wiim pro output. I forgot to add that.
Yes did that. Received my new one today. It appears having my setting at 24/192 was causing the problem. Maybe the Cambridge Audi DAC magic 100 didn’t like that. It appears everything is working now, but between Amazon HD, Qobuz and Tidal nothing sounding significantly better than simply listening via YouTube from my TV or using the Amazon app from my tv. I will keep playing around I guess

I bought the wiim pro, I configured it and added Tidal, after 15 minutes of listening the audio stopped, I restarted the application, the internet, the iPhone, Tidal, the Wiim hardware itself, no streaming service connects anymore... I did them all the possible procedures, can someone from Wiim help or will I have to return the product feeling completely frustrated?!?!

Have you done a factory reset Viz. “Press and hold play/pause button on the WiiM Mini for 10s, afterwards, you will hear the voice tone and see the light flashing red. Factory reset clears all source, volume, and network settings from the device and returns it back to the original factory settings.”

If that doesn’t work, contact WiiM using the feedback section in the WiiM Home app

I am having a similar issue. Doesn't matter if I originate the Tidal Connect on my iPhone or my PC. After maybe 20-30 minutes I lose the ability to see and control the music stream. The music stream continues, but I have no control until I reconnect. And then upon reconnection, the stream stops.

I spoke to asus support. They adviced me to turn off: smart connect option, IP v6, wifi agille multiband, protected management frames and target wake time options. I am testing it now.

Back