Tidal plan changes

Mr Ee

Major Contributor
I got an email from Tidal.
Seems to be legit, but I guess I'll see in a month or so.
Note that price is A$

Starting April 10, 2024, you will now get access to our music library in full lossless, HiRes FLAC, and Dolby Atmos sound for the same price you pay today of $12.99/month.​
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.​

There seems to be more movement in the background even many of the usually well-informed people did not notice ;-)
Anyway, it looks good for the customers. Also it could make the competition move faster with long promised and often postponed features.
Time will tell how the market south of Apple and Amazon will be partitioned in future and if there still is enough food for the smaller services.

Last edited:
I got an email from Tidal.
Seems to be legit, but I guess I'll see in a month or so.
Note that price is A$

Starting April 10, 2024, you will now get access to our music library in full lossless, HiRes FLAC, and Dolby Atmos sound for the same price you pay today of $12.99/month.​
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.​
Well of course! Because yesterday I upgraded to the $20/month plan to get hires flac. So very next day they _have_ to give it away! Story of my life :(

Well of course! Because yesterday I upgraded to the $20/month plan to get hires flac. So very next day they _have_ to give it away! Story of my life :(

But long before Next Christmas you will have the better price they give away. April is soon. ;-)

You think they are going to automatically cut my payments in half? I doubt it. Instead they will add some mostly worthless feature(s) so they can still charge me double.
We'll see, but that is my prediction...

You think they are going to automatically cut my payments in half? I doubt it. Instead they will add some mostly worthless feature(s) so they can still charge me double.
We'll see, but that is my prediction...
If you have hifi-plus, they will lower it tonnirmal Hifi price (depending on your country it might not be exactly half of price). Hifi plus tier will go away. Depending on your payment cycle, you have to pay less in April or May.

Remember that if you're student, at any age, you could already pay half price.
Haven't received any mail yet...
Am I wrong or looking at the announcement, it seems that hifi tier will rise and the hifi plus, quite half the fee. I don't know what are the percentages, so has it to be overall considered a rise or a reduction?

Last edited:
Remember that if you're student, at any age, you could already pay half price.
Haven't received any mail yet...
Am I wrong or looking at the announcement, it seems that hifi tier will rise and the hifi plus, quite half the fee. I don't know what are the percentages, so has it to be overall considered a rise or a reduction?
It looks to me like the will be only one tier. Everything is being rolled into this one tier. According to this article ...

Tidal has announced that it’s simplifying its subscription tiers by putting its lossless, hi-res, and spatial audio content into a single, ad-free $11 per month individual plan, starting on April 10.

After that date, Tidal’s existing HiFi and HiFi Plus subscription tiers will cease to exist. Previously, if you wanted to access hi-res lossless and spatial audio formats like Dolby Atmos Music and Sony 360 Reality Audio, you needed to pay $20 per month for Tidal HiFi Plus.

For me this
seems to be right clear and I understand only one tier named Tidal without any 2nd name will remain.

Exactly, that link is saying the same thing as the email that went out in the U.S.
I imagine a version of that will appear on the various other language web pages for all of the other countries where TIDAL is offered, with pricing set according to region of service.

These are the full details including the DJ add-on etc...

In the UK:
"On your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024, you’ll now pay just £10.99/month for all the same features you currently use on a TIDAL Individual plan.
This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL. "

Tidal plan changes..
Why can't a Dutch citizen pay them without a credit card.
Let them change that to begin with.
Make it easier to pay them without all the hassle.
If Spotify is easy why can't they..

@wiimamp user
In Germany you have the choice to pay via your Apple-ID. They add a few Euro for their "service", so 24,99 instead of 19,99 ;-)
No one knows if this has future. A European Court punished them yesterday for such policy.
Isn't PayPal an option?
I never sign up via the app - use a browser to subscribe and you'll avoid app store charges. I advise Amazon Music users to do the same as there you can miss out on any Prime or other discounts if you use their app

I never sign up via the app - use a browser to subscribe and you'll avoid app store charges. I advise Amazon Music users to do the same as there you can miss out on any Prime or other discounts if you use their app
It was only an answer what other options were/are available. Paying more because the nice face of Apple is of course at least not very smart.

@wiimamp user
In Germany you have the choice to pay via your Apple-ID. They add a few Euro for their "service", so 24,99 instead of 19,99 ;-)
No one knows if this has future. A European Court punished them yesterday for such policy.
Isn't PayPal an option?
No..
PayPal no option.
I don't have apple id.
Let them change the pay options for Dutch citizens without having to pay with credit card.
Unfortunately they still won't do it..
Of course I will not subscribe then..they still haven't changed it. For years it is the same here.

Last edited:
From their side I can understand them at least a bit. It is the most secure method for them. What method would be good for you? Direct debit from your bank account? Something like Amazon vouchers?

From their side I can understand them at least a bit. It is the most secure method for them. What method would be good for you? Direct debit from your bank account? Something like Amazon vouchers?
Only think that I can think of is ideal. Most of Dutch citizens use this method.
Or Google pay, PayPal would be an option too.😊

Back