Toslink and Spdif RCA at the same time

Yuri

WiiM Pro is connected via digital outputs to two systems/DACs - main and headphone. But can't to configure the system to receive a signal SIMULTANEOUSLY on both digital outputs.
Bad and uncomfortable. After all, it is not difficult to set an independent choice in the menu, each separately, according to the logic of "AND-AND" and not "OR-OR"
Would really like to see this in future updates.
Thank you.

P.S. From: https://wiim.community.forum/forums/all-things-about-wiim-pro.9/

Perhaps the hardware doesn’t support that - we as end users who don’t have intimate knowledge of the hardware and firmware can’t in all fairness presume how difficult or otherwise it would be to provide what you want :)

The only thing that can limit this possibility is a weak power regulator for the digital part. It is not difficult for a professional to reprogram a PLM switch.

WiiM Pro is connected via digital outputs to two systems/DACs - main and headphone. But can't to configure the system to receive a signal SIMULTANEOUSLY on both digital outputs.
Bad and uncomfortable. After all, it is not difficult to set an independent choice in the menu, each separately, according to the logic of "AND-AND" and not "OR-OR"
Would really like to see this in future updates.
Thank you.

P.S. From: https://wiim.community.forum/forums/all-things-about-wiim-pro.9/
If that is implemented it should be a user menu choice. I must prefer a single output live at any given time.

Remember! This is a $150 high res streamer. I'm sure some of the features and functionality of more expensive streamers had to be omitted to get to that price point.

The output digital signal by the internal switch (which is currently controlled by the application menu) is fed to one from two - TOSLINK or Coaxial RCA - output.
Thus, no hardware modifications are required, but simply reprogramming the independent switching logic to choose from: 1) TOSLINK-ON/OFF !and! 2) COAXIAL-ON/OFF.
Now the logic is: 1) TOSLINK-ON / COAXIAL-OFF !or! 2) COAXIAL-ON / TOSLINK-OFF.
How does a software update (which is already done regularly, as we know) lead to a rise in price?

Last edited:
The output digital signal by the internal switch (which is currently controlled by the application menu) is fed to one from two - TOSLINK or Coaxial RCA - output.
Thus, no hardware modifications are required, but simply reprogramming the independent switching logic to choose from: 1) TOSLINK-ON/OFF !and! 2) COAXIAL-ON/OFF.
Now the logic is: 1) TOSLINK-ON / COAXIAL-OFF !or! 2) COAXIAL-ON / TOSLINK-OFF.
How does a software update (which is already done regularly, as we know) lead to a rise in price?

Yes but TOSLINK-ON / COAXIAL-ON will lead to a different load to drive them both... maybe doable, maybe not.

It’s been my experience with audio equipment, the version we wish we had usually cost more than the one we have. WiiM Mini didn’t have an Ethernet port, line out rca or coax, WiiM Pro does, for an additional $50.

It’s been my experience with audio equipment, the version we wish we had usually cost more than the one we have. WiiM Mini didn’t have an Ethernet port, line out rca or coax, WiiM Pro does, for an additional $50.
That and Chromecast - a major advantage. The Pro is the sweet spot. Let the useless bells and whistles, such as displays come out in a future 'Ultra' for those who need it.

Last edited:
Yes but TOSLINK-ON / COAXIAL-ON will lead to a different load to drive them both... maybe doable, maybe not.
I mentioned this above. Only the insufficient capacity of the secondary power regulator of the digital I/O section is the limitation of the simultaneous output of a digit. But I am almost sure that the power will be enough...
P.S. I noticed that the Toslink transmitter is always lit with an LED. Thus, power is supplied to it regardless of whether the transmission is on or not. This means that there are no hardware restrictions on power supply.

Last edited:
Back