Tracks displaying in alphabetical order for all albums on NAS drive

neil74

Just set up my Wiim mini and after browsing my NAS drive the tracks on every album are displaying in alphabetical order and not the correct album order.

The tags look correct and other devices/apps see the same song files correctly. Cannot see any setting to change the display order (android app)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• Beatles 1 example.jpg
    Beatles 1 example.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1
If you're still using the WiiM app then try BubbleUPnP or Hi-Fi Cast (mconnect is mostly ok too) to take it to the next level, they're the perfect partner for MinimServer. With a third-party control point you'll only need the WiiM app if you want to configure grouping or stereo pairing.

The initial BubbleUPnP display can be a little busy so I recommend making the following changes:
  • More > Settings > Library:
    • Enable 'Track number'
    • Whilst you're here you can also disable (if you're not going to use them) from the 'Virtual folders' section:
      • Bookmarks
      • Saved playlists
      • Recently Played
      • Random tracks/Random albums
  • More > Settings > Local and Cloud:
    • Disable 'Enable Local and Cloud Library' (Functionality to allow you to access not only local files, but also Qobuz, TIDAL, SMB Shares, personal cloud storage e.t.c)
  • More > Settings > Local Renderer:
    • Disable 'Allow remote control'
  • More > Settings > Look and feel:
    • Enable 'Show Devices tab'
    • Change 'Side menu icon location' to 'Top bar'
Finally on the devices tab, select the vertical ellipis next to the WiiM renderer, select Settings and enable 'Gapless control'.

Did you ever find a fix for this? Or has there been any comment from Wiim about correcting this issue?

It never used to be a problem before recently...

Did you ever find a fix for this? Or has there been any comment from Wiim about correcting this issue?

It never used to be a problem before recently...
Wiim never replied to me, but my solution was to stop using windows media sharing and use MinimServer as my DNLA server instead, still using the Wiim app. It works really well.

Back