Unable to start scan

Have you turned on Bluetooth on your phone?
WiiM uses Bluetooth by first settings .

No, bluetooth is Off. Everything works great. This message shows up for 2 seconds on startup and disappears by itself. It wasn't like that before. It appeared after a recent update.

A factory reset of the device may be required. At least, that doesn't happen on my phone (Android).

This may be what I'm seeing (or rather not quite seeing) each time I launch the WHA app.
Something like a bigish white page pops up then disappears so quickly that I don't have time to read it.
Recent phenomenon too (last week or so?)

I just launched WHA again.
Because I was looking for it I was able to see it; visible for less than 0.5 secs I reckon.
I'd have to be super quick to get a screenshot!
Android tablet, bluetooth not active.

Either Ee or I may need to go to the ophthalmologist. I can't see it.😜

I also receive it when launching WiiM Home. Lenovo Tab M8. It's reproduceable, even after restarting the device. Doesn't happen on iOS.

Last edited:
Android 12,13 is fine.
App versions 2.5.4, 2.5.5 both are fine. 🙂

Follow-up

As a result of the verification, the WHA startup dialog appears when I turn off Bluetooth on my phone. When I turn Bluetooth back on, nothing appears.

I also found a device paired that I didn't recognize. The device name is long alphanumeric.
(This doesn't seem to be relevant)

I removed the suspicious pairing device, but the situation is the same as before.

Last edited:
I found an interim solution.

In the WiiM app permission settings, turn off "Nearby Devices". In this state, the dialog does not appear even if Bluetooth is turned off.

I just launched WHA again.
Because I was looking for it I was able to see it; visible for less than 0.5 secs I reckon.
I'd have to be super quick to get a screenshot!
Android tablet, bluetooth not active.
Yes, this is visible max 1,5 sek. I managed to take a screenshot on the tenth attempt.

Thanks. Doesn’t work on my Huawei P30 Pro. Only option that shows this way is Uninstall. Accessed permissions via General Settings>Apps>Wiim Home>Permissions. But no option to close nearby devices. I don’t leave Bluetooth on for battery reasons, so I’ll just put up with the Unable to scan message as it’s literally only there a split second.
Thanks for the help
Have you tried the latest version of the WHA app?

My phone seems to have fixed this issue. If Bluetooth is off, the dialog does not appear.

Back