Universal Search

Brantome

Hi, has anyone else noticed different results depending on whether you search under universal search compared to the same search under the particular service? For example, if I search under Amazon Music I get results that the universal search doesn’t. I suspect that it’s because the universal search doesn’t search any tracks that may have been uploaded to Amazon when they offered that service, whereas the separate Amazon Music search in the Wiim app does.

Also, I note that universal search doesn’t share any home shares, for example upnp servers, but a search option appears under those individual services.

I’ve raised a ticket re the above, but I’m interested if anyone has noticed any other discrepancies in other services.

Edit: UPNP search under universal search just seems to be an iOS/iPad issue - I should have checked my android phone too where it’s working. My issue with differing amazon music searches is still there - looks like the universal search uses a different api from the amazon music page.

Last edited:
Whereas my universl search is only searching my nas (and only once I browsed to it first), and isn't returning any results from tidal, even after browsing to tidal.

Closed wiim app, went back in, search. Only tidal results.
Browsed to home music share, go back to universal search, now get results from both again.

Can’t seem to force a upnp search in universal search no matter what I do…

Let’s see what WiiM say…

Post edited to add: UPNP search under universal search just seems to be an iOS/iPad issue - I should have checked my android phone too where it’s working. My issue with differing amazon music searches is still there - looks like the universal search uses a different api from the amazon music page.

I get mostly tidal's results and no amazon but sometimes both. Also in-amazon search is pain in the a* as any typo causes problems while tidal has more "smart" searching.

Yes qobuz is also handled differently. Even when literally spelling out a track fully it sometimes doesn't come up on the top of a list.:confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323-224402~2.png
    Screenshot_20240323-224402~2.png
    694.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240323-224419~2.png
    Screenshot_20240323-224419~2.png
    520.5 KB · Views: 3
Back