What are you listening to?

I think it just means the link plays only part of the song.

I prefer Tidal to Spotify. The Tidal interface is better than Spotify using the LMS plugins.

Mark Knopfler was from my home town (as well as Bryan Ferry, Eric Burdon, Sting)

Ah divvint kna what yer gannin on ahboot, man!

But, oy... Listen ti this, man

I remember the single release of Fog on the Tyne. It isn’t really very representative of the album IMHO. I recently revisited the whole album and was surprised how good it is. Better than I remembered and certainly better than the single would have you believe

♪ Playing No Future (God Save the Queen) by Sex Pistols from Spunk (1977) (Local • 894kbps VBR, 16bit, 44.1kHz, -7.78dB, FLC)

This is a CD rip from the official release that appeared years after the original bootleg. I have a cassette copy of the original - bought from the small ads in NME back in 1977.

Personally I think Spunk has a lot more energy than Never Mind The Bollocks albeit the SQ is questionable.

For those that don’t know or are too young. This bootleg album mysteriously appeared just a matter of days before Never Mind The Bollocks was released. It is purportedly an audition made for EMI who famously dropped the band after the Bill Grundy interview. They reportedly walked away from EMI with £40k advance and then repeated and bettered the same trick with A&M where they pocketed £75k before signing with Virgin and actually releasing a record.

IMG_6657.png

Back