What are you listening to?

Okay, I doubled back to "OU812", to see if a bit of extra cleaning and rinsing helped with the surface noise. But unfortunately no, it is better but not completely gone. It is the only LP in the set with the extra noise, which is only audible on the track breaks. Oh well, still plays great, otherwise. ☺️

View attachment 2848
For very long times I've used "secret mixtures". Following nearly every new month another hyped ultimate trick out of magazines and the internet.
Since a few years now I use "L'Art du Son". (Nerd abbreviation LADS). 😉 No idea if it is available the US. Saved even all my once "wet driven" records. And for an antistatic effect I didn't found better.

For very long times I've used "secret mixtures". Following nearly every new month another hyped ultimate trick out of magazines and the internet.
Since a few years now I use "L'Art du Son". (Nerd abbreviation LADS). 😉 No idea if it is available the US. Saved even all my once "wet driven" records. And for an antistatic effect I didn't found better.
I have not heard of that one, sir. I did just make up a fresh bottle of my brew, lol. 75% distilled water, 25% isopropyl alcohol (99%) and about 1/2 dozen drops of Kodak Photo-Flo, as a cleaner then followed by a distilled water rinse and dry. Works quite well, for me anyway, ymmv.

IMG_20231015_040948987.jpg

@Brown Sound
What washing machine do you have? Your mixture was exact the one I used for so long. But instead of the Kodak stuff I've used simple rinse aid for our dishwasher 😉 Worked perfect for cleaning. But the antistatic effect of the ready to use LADS was simply better. (And you may know getting lazier by age.) No difference between Kodak or rinse aid. But I know this crazy records where nothing helped too..

@Brown Sound
What washing machine do you have? Your mixture was exact the one I used for so long. But instead of the Kodak stuff I've used simple rinse aid for our dishwasher 😉 Worked perfect for cleaning. But the antistatic effect of the ready to use LADS was simply better. (And you may know getting lazier by age.) No difference between Kodak or rinse aid. But I know this crazy records where nothing helped too..
Oooh, the fun, right? Oh, I repurposed a three cube pseudo IKEA shelf for the temporary hifi area. Now I have a proper place for LPs, eh? Oh, and have some replacement feet for the Denon on the way, she should be looking real sharp, after those come in.

Screenshot_20231015-042304.png

IMG_20231015_043453647_HDR.jpg

One of the old battle horses for proudly presenting new HiFi stuff to family or friends. If they want it or not. 😉 Often wondering why they do not react so enthusiastically than me...
Anyway good start into a new week for @all!

Screenshot_20231016_040739_Qobuz Bta.jpeg

Back