What are you listening to?

Have to wait at least till tomorrow evening.....but I am sure it will be great. Listened to the stream more or less the whole day!

Still not able to listen to the vinyl version but at least I can Qobuz it

♪ Playing Angry by The Rolling Stones from Hackney Diamonds (2023) (Qobuz • 3234kbps, 24bit, 96kHz, -12.46dB, FLC)

IMG_6582.jpg

The initial getting it working as a complete newbie can be complicated - particularly if you adding the complication of a NAS mount to the equation but I think if you persist you will see the value.

Totally must have plugins
Material

Must have plugins
Music & Artist Information (MAI)
LastMix - use in conjunction with Don't Stop The Music

Should have one of plugins
Qobuz
Tidal - needs a subscription to mysqueezebox.com
Deezer
Spotify - if you must

Recommended plugins
Radio Paradise - massively better implementation that WHA
BBC Sounds
Radio Now Playing - adds metadata and cover art to Internet Radio stations where it doesn't otherwise exist
What Was That Tune? - look back at your recent play history for that tune that you really liked but were too busy to note down
Playlist Manager
Group Players

Others
AirPlay Bridge - make any AirPlay speaker into an LMS player (AirPlay1 so capped at 16/44.1 but will sync with other LMS players
Chromecast Bridge - similar to above. 24/96 capable but will not sync
UPnP/DLNA Bridge - does the same with UPnP but very difficult to configure with some players. WiiM Mini however is out of the box ish. Will not sync.
UPnP
Naw, newbie, I'm not. Been using, building and fixing computers since the early 80s, in fact. But getting network shares working in Linux has always been a PITA for me, lol. I think it ended up being a combination of questionable NAS user/passwd and the smb security level, all good now. LMS was never the problem and it's looking pretty cool as a possible Roon replacement. 👍

Last edited:
@Brown Sound
All for the sound, forget the optics 😉
Btw....my Denon is RIP. Not a single wire but the whole control board is down. Difficult and quite expensive to get and therefore only decoration yet. A simple and new Thorens fully automatic took over. You know, the tremor 😉

@Brown Sound
All for the sound, forget the optics 😉
Btw....my Denon is RIP. Not a single wire but the whole control board is down. Difficult and quite expensive to get and therefore only decoration yet. A simple and new Thorens fully automatic took over. You know, the tremor 😉
Oh wow, sorry to hear that, sir. I'm not sure what I would do if my Denon died!? I would probably get a Fluance RT-85, I guess.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that, sir. I'm not sure what I would do if my Denon died!? I would probably get a Fluance RT-85, I guess.
You will do what you have to do. As always I bet. The stuff did its job, but like cars and other goods at a certain time it makes no sense to spend time, nerves and money any longer. In general everything here is a little downsized, too much overkill...but thats another theme.
The Thorens is a no-brainer. Engineered and manufactured in Germany. The automatic works perfectly silent and smooth. Gave it an AT VM95ML and my old battle horse MuFi MX-VNYL as partners and it sounds already tremendous good. By the way...the ontologist this week told me I am trapped at 11 kHz. Absolut ok for my age, but kind of a shock anyway 😂

20231021_064306.jpeg

Last edited:
You will do what you have to do. As always I bet. The stuff did its job, but like cars and other goods at a certain time it makes no sense to spend time, nerves and money any longer. In general everything here is a little downsized, too much overkill...but thats another theme.
The Thorens is a no-brainer. Engineered and manufactured in Germany. The automatic works perfectly silent and smooth. Gave it an AT VM95ML and my old battle horse MuFi MX-VNYL as partners and it sounds already tremendous good. By the way...the ontologist this week told me I am trapped at 11 kHz. Absolut ok for my age, but kind of a shock anyway 😂

View attachment 2975
What!? Huh!? Sorry, I could not help myself. I know a good chunk of my upper frequencies are diminished from my F-16 maintenance days and the machine noise at Sony DADC. Ahhh, the joys of aging and industry .😉
Nice looking table BTW. 👍

I think that's a Squeezebox touch, maybe:)
Too big for a Touch and he is new to LMS. Pretty sure it is a Joggler mk2.
He probably doesn’t know that you can convert a Joggler to be an LMS player and/or Now Playing display/controller

He probably doesn’t know that you can convert a Joggler to be an LMS player and/or Now Playing display/controller
Actually, that is RPi4 w/ 7" touchscreen running RoPieeeXL, on top of my WiiM PP and my iFi NEO iDSD v1-PE. Both the RoPieeeXL and the WiiM can and do function as LMS players. @gazza1101

Last edited:
I have a joggler and am trying to get what I'm playing on it's display from the Tidal app

I have a joggler and am trying to get what I'm playing on it's display from the Tidal app
I know there was a guy, in another thread who worked doing a WiiM display on a tablet. I would just happy if the WiiM coders would give landscape mode for the regular now playing screen. I already have a few old tablets, eh?

Looks good
The RoPieeeXL does great as a display for Roon but that's it, as far as displaying. Everything else is behind the scenes, so to speak. Does LMS, Airplay, UPnP/DLNA, Plex, NAA, Spotify, I think that's it, lol. It used to do Chromecast but it got dropped. Very cool project.

Back