What are you listening to?

It’s now officially Christmas in my household. Not because I have finished work for the festivities but because I am playing my FLAC needledrop of this record.

It was Christmas 1971 when my grandfather bought us (me and my 4 siblings) a record player for Christmas. I say bought but actually he made it by placing a turntable from a radiogram into a plinth he made himself. It had no amplifier or speaker but we played it through a Bush radio - one of those big wooden things with tubes inside. My Dad bought this record so we had something to play on it. We played it to death but remarkably it still sounds OK. I play the FLAC every year as the start of the Festive season.

Merry Christmas to you all.

IMG_6758.jpeg

@Wiimer Hi mate.
I was unforgivable and now I walk around with my head covered in ash☹️. I forgot to extend my best wishes to your loving dog.🤗
By the way, is a he or she dog? And his name?
Cosimo too, my dog, a terrible Beagle joins in the greetings 🐶 🎄🎄🍾🥂😂😂;)

It’s now officially Christmas in my household. Not because I have finished work for the festivities but because I am playing my FLAC needledrop of this record.

It was Christmas 1971 when my grandfather bought us (me and my 4 siblings) a record player for Christmas. I say bought but actually he made it by placing a turntable from a radiogram into a plinth he made himself. It had no amplifier or speaker but we played it through a Bush radio - one of those big wooden things with tubes inside. My Dad bought this record so we had something to play on it. We played it to death but remarkably it still sounds OK. I play the FLAC every year as the start of the Festive season.

Merry Christmas to you all.

View attachment 4248

I used to work with a guy whose father loved Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

One day his father asked him if he could copy it to MP3 and do something to remove the scratches.

My colleague made an MP3 copy and used a high frequency filter to remove the noise the scratches made before giving the MP3 file back to his father.

However when his father played the file he found that the trumpets of the Tijuana Brass had been removed along with the scratches. 🤣😂

A band new to me this year, introduced to me by a user on Roons forum. The don’t seem to travel much outside of their native city Liverpool, this is their fourth album and their best so far. Hard to pin them down as they combine a few genres, a lot of jazz influences, acoustic singer song writers, psychedelia. It’s great late night listening or just anytime your feet are up and chilling out.

1703346599259.png

A band new to me this year, introduced to me by a user on Roons forum. The don’t seem to travel much outside of their native city Liverpool, this is their fourth album and their best so far. Hard to pin them down as they combine a few genres, a lot of jazz influences, acoustic singer song writers, psychedelia. It’s great late night listening or just anytime your feet are up and chilling out.

View attachment 4258
Which service is that? Can’t see them on Qobuz

Only on Tidal, Apple Music or Spotify I am afraid. I bought them all after listening via Spotify.

View attachment 4258
Not for me, I'm afraid... I'd describe it/them as lounge whine. Some of the arrangements are interesting.

Yes, I know others will really like them, so don't give me a hard time for my opinion. Thank you.

Last edited:
Not for me, I'm afraid... I'd describe it/them as lounge whine. Some of the arrangements are interesting.

Yes, I know others will really like them, so don't give me a hard time for my opinion. Thank you.
Everyone is entitled to their own tastes and should not be punished for it. I can’t stand Pink Floyd or Steely Dan but many seem to worship the ground they walk on.

As some of you will have noticed, I'm a fan for Music in The Adverts (or Commercials as they say over there).
There have been some really inventive (and often witty) examples over the years. There have been some real duds as well.

You judge the example below - I guess those of an anti-woke persuasion will hate it.
Great song by Lady Blackbird.

Back