What I would in WHA

Maurizio

Major Contributor
Hi @WiiM Team
I welcome the invitation you made in another post. So, wanted to be constructive, here a few simple things I would see implemented in WHA.
1) Switchable view. Grid/Line for all services
2) More options to sort Album List :
Album Name, actual and only
Artist Name
Last Added
As I told, simple things, easy to realize, but they can simplify the use of WHA.
May be that some other guy here has to add more suggestions
Regards

Hi @WiiM Team
I welcome the invitation you made in another post. So, wanted to be constructive, here a few simple things I would see implemented in WHA.
1) Switchable view. Grid/Line for all services
Album Name, actual and only
Artist Name
Last Added
As I told, simple things, easy to realize, but they can simplify the use of WHA.
May be that some other guy here has to add more suggestions
Regards
Hi Maurizio,

The second suggestion makes great sense to me. I'll discuss it with our product team.

Regarding the first suggestion, how many services do you usually use? For the one you don't use, you can tap the "Manage Service" and toggle it off so it'll be hidden without occupying the screen. Will this work for you? Thank you!

Hi Maurizio,

The second suggestion makes great sense to me. I'll discuss it with our product team.

Regarding the first suggestion, how many services do you usually use? For the one you don't use, you can tap the "Manage Service" and toggle it off so it'll be hidden without occupying the screen. Will this work for you? Thank you!
If I have more than two services enabled then I have to scroll the screen to find them.
I don't use the presets, so that panel is wasted space.
I might use one of the four (non-managable) entries in the next pane, my library, so that's wasted space.
Let me move the panes around, and manage what's in each!
I imagine what's visible on the browse screen will become even more limited once Android gets landscape mode?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
Basically, look at all the other streaming platform apps and pick and choose the best bits from each.
Simple!!
:)

Hi Maurizio,

Hi @WiiM Support
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you find point 2 sensible and I hope it will be implemented as soon as possible. It's a simple matter of software and all the Apps of this world have those elementary possibilities of choice.
Regarding point 1, I apologize because obviously I didn't explain myself well. I was always referring to the Albums library, not the services page.
For example, if I open the library in Qobuz I have a grid view; if I open Amazon UHD I have, now, the line vision with album covers so small that it's hard to distinguish them. Before AUHD too had grid view. Much better!!
I would like the ability to switch from Line to Grid at my convenience.
This option is also present in all the Apps of this world except WHA.
While we are at it I would like to add a point 3
3) Opening an album I would like to see the cover at the top, next to it
Year of the Album; No. of total tracks; Duration Total album
Next to each track, duration of the single piece
Point 3 is also common to all the Apps I know.
You might think I'm a pain in the ass. You may wonder, why doesn't he stop annoying us with these requests and he doesn't just use another App?
Well, that's just what I'm doing actually and I'm not using WHA. However, it would be very convenient for me to use a single App for the streaming services I use (Qobuz-AMUHD) instead of a different App for each service.
Sincerely
As @Mr Ee says "
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
Basically, look at all the other streaming platform apps and pick and choose the best bits from each.
Simple!!" and I completely agree.
In my opinion, an excellent starting point beyond the native Apps of the various services could be to study BubbleUPnP.
Perhaps the best made App among those that exist. Unfortunately, as you surely know, it's only for Android.

Hi Team,

We're working on re-vamping the UI for Qobuz integration on the WiiM Home App. It includes most of the items listed above. Please stay tuned!

Last Added
I absolutely agree with using BubbleUPnP as a reference but WiiM has no visibility of 'Last Added', this has to be delivered by the media server, typically as a 'Recently Added' index.

Also take a look at the Material skin in LMS on either iOS, Android or PC browser.

Hi Team,

We're working on re-vamping the UI for Qobuz integration on the WiiM Home App. It includes most of the items listed above. Please stay tuned!
Thanks, but..... Amazon UHD? She too needs these changes/additions

Thanks, but..... Amazon UHD? She too needs these changes/additions
Amazon Music UHD is a bit complicated. We're moving to their new API, which is still in the Beta stage. With the new API, we can have almost the exact same functionality as the native Amazon Music App.

I absolutely agree with using BubbleUPnP as a reference but WiiM has no visibility of 'Last Added', this has to be delivered by the media server, typically as a 'Recently Added' index.
BubbleUPnP is often our implementation benchmark, especially for Qobuz and DLNA-related integration. Thank you all for bringing this up.

Amazon Music UHD is a bit complicated. We're moving to their new API, which is still in the Beta stage. With the new API, we can have almost the exact same functionality as the native Amazon Music App.
This is a very interesting topic!
More fun again😄

@WiiM Support
Very interesting to learn about a new API to come for AMUHD.
When will it happen? Do you have an idea of the times? Do you know where Amazon's Beta Testing is at?
I look forward to it.
Good if in the meantime you arrange at least Qobuz.

Hi Team,

I seem to recall someone somewhere suggesting that Wiim would be unlikely to make Qobuz updates within the wiim app with qobuz connect on the way...
You know who you are... ;)

I seem to recall someone somewhere suggesting that Wiim would be unlikely to make Qobuz updates within the wiim app with qobuz connect on the way...
You know who you are... ;)
Not true. In late June, we'll have the re-vamped UI and updated features for Qobuz on WiiM Home App. Please stay tuned!

Not true. In late June, we'll have the re-vamped UI and updated features for Qobuz on WiiM Home App. Please stay tuned!
I'm sure that will make many people quite happy!

I find myself wondering how you decide what parts of WHA / firmware get developed (bug fixes aside).
For example, why Qobuz over any of the other services you support?
I also wonder if you capture WHA / streamed usage stats somehow, to see what parts / services are heavily used, lightly used etc.?

Semi-rhetorical musings while enjoying a couple of hours of music before the volume needs to be reduced!

I find myself wondering how you decide what parts of WHA / firmware get developed (bug fixes aside).
I'd guess the availability and complexity of the API and maybe even WiiM's own stats on streaming service use (although I'd need to check if their app has permissions or the means to do that)

I don't know but I have to ask. Can a firmware update improve the efficiency of the operation of the wiim device so it outputs a better measured quality?

That sounds like the new API will allow the programmers to accomplish more.
I setup my new Mini Pro today! I connect to my integrated amp. thru the Line Out. It sounds great to listen to Amazon Music!

Back