What speakers are you using?

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
There are quite a few threads discussing speakers.

I thought I’d just open one to the group where members can say what speakers they’re using, and maybe what their experiences are.

I mean every single WiiM Amp owner must be using speakers. 🤣

Possibly it’ll prove to be a good database for the future, and reduce the number of people asking for recommendations, etc.

Over to you.

There are quite a few threads discussing speakers.

I thought I’d just open one to the group where members can say what speakers they’re using, and maybe what their experiences are.

I mean every single WiiM Amp owner must be using speakers. 🤣

Possibly it’ll prove to be a good database for the future, and reduce the number of people asking for recommendations, etc.

Over to you.
Or they could also update their sig with the info…

WiiM Amp user here. Mine is connected to a pair of Dynaudio Compound 2 from late '80. They are quite difficult speakers to drive and the WiiM Amp shows some fatigue. At high volume the sound is flat and the bass is quite weak, low volume is fine, decent detail, good separation.

WiiM Amp user here. Mine is connected to a pair of Dynaudio Compound 2 from late '80. They are quite difficult speakers to drive and the WiiM Amp shows some fatigue. At high volume the sound is flat and the bass is quite weak, low volume is fine, decent detail, good separation.

This is the sort of information I like.

Do you really have to crank them up to cause issues? Seating distance?

I've got a pair of new Q Acoustics 3010i, no subwoofer. On 40cm high stands in a small lounge without the foam plugs in the back. I'm in my mid-sixties so hearing not the best. To me they sound quite harsh, definitely not as warm and bassy as the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s in our main room. Am thinking of placing them on our bookshelves because they are quite prominent in such a small room. There is definitely a lot of clarity in the sound though.

I've got a pair of new Q Acoustics 3010i, no subwoofer. On 40cm high stands in a small lounge without the foam plugs in the back. I'm in my mid-sixties so hearing not the best. To me they sound quite harsh, definitely not as warm and bassy as the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s in our main room. Am thinking of placing them on our bookshelves because they are quite prominent in such a small room. There is definitely a lot of clarity in the sound though.

Yes, the Qs start to fall off from around 150-200hz downwards.

The Wharfedales are only about -4dB down at 60hz.

Have you tried the diamonds with the WiiM Amp, or do you amplify it with something else?

This is the sort of information I like.

Do you really have to crank them up to cause issues? Seating distance?
Let me say that anywhere above the two thirds the sound gets a bit confused, like when the amp is unable to perfectly control the speakers, the higher the worst. Again, my speakers are not easy at all to control and are also quite low in efficiency. Seating distance is 3m

I'm using a pair of Thiel 3.5's that I've had for a very long time.
Really happy with the way the WiiM Amp can drive them. The sound is just a little bit vailed using the WiiM Amp, but certainly great for what it is.

The convenience of the streaming amp far outweighs any sound deficit for me.

1706021578840.png

Last edited:
I'm using a pair of Thiel 3.5's that I've had for a very long time.
Really happy with the way the WiiM Amp can drive them. The sound is just a little bit vailed using the WiiM Amp, but certainly great for what it is.

The convenience of the streaming amp far outweighs any sound deficit for me.

View attachment 4735
Nice.
Veiled compared to what if you don’t mind me asking?

Back