Which WIIM needed to achieve result?

Nukkenfutz

I have an Integra DRX 2.1 amp connected to a 6.1 system in zone 1 & 2 speakers in Zone 2. I am reasonably happy with the Integra’s output but I only use Tidal and their app is not the best. I thought I may be able to add a WIIM product to give me Tidal connect but not sure how this would work as there is no sub out on their range (except for the amp). Is it just a matter of plugging one in and letting the Integra work it out? TIA.

I have an Integra DRX 2.1 amp connected to a 6.1 system in zone 1 & 2 speakers in Zone 2. I am reasonably happy with the Integra’s output but I only use Tidal and their app is not the best. I thought I may be able to add a WIIM product to give me Tidal connect but not sure how this would work as there is no sub out on their range (except for the amp). Is it just a matter of plugging one in and letting the Integra work it out? TIA.

Simply connect the spdif output of the WiiM pro or WiiM pro plus to the spdif input of the Integra. However, I think you'll need to manually switch from HDMI input to audio input.

Also, if you want to try the DAC of the WiiM pro plus, you may want to connect it to the analog input of the Integra and play it in pure direct mode.

Simply connect the spdif output of the WiiM pro or WiiM pro plus to the spdif input of the Integra. However, I think you'll need to manually switch from HDMI input to audio input.

Also, if you want to try the DAC of the WiiM pro plus, you may want to connect it to the analog input of the Integra and play it in pure direct mode.
I agree but check the manual of the Integra. You may find that Zone 2 will only work using analogue inputs. My Onkyo's and Denon's operate this way.

Guys thank you so much for your replies I will definitely try these. Still not sure if I'm using the DAC in the wiim where the signal for the sub comes from.

Only the WiiM amp has a sub out and, speakers apart, that’s its only output. Other WiiM devices don’t have a sub out.
I apologise if I’m not getting it but the way I read your 1st post is that if I use digital then it’s using the DAC in the Integra amp and I assumed that would feed the sub?

I apologise if I’m not getting it but the way I read your 1st post is that if I use digital then it’s using the DAC in the Integra amp and I assumed that would feed the sub?
Yeah, once the digital signal has left the WiiM, it’s up to the receiving device to deal with it re conversion to analog or sending to a sub etc

Yeah, once the digital signal has left the WiiM, it’s up to the receiving device to deal with it re conversion to analog or sending to a sub etc
Ok thanks for your patience. So 1 last question would be if I use digital to the Integra amp do I gain any advantage by using the pro plus over the pro?

Ok thanks for your patience. So 1 last question would be if I use digital to the Integra amp do I gain any advantage by using the pro plus over the pro?
As I always say when asked questions of that nature - only you can decide that due to your room acoustics, kit, speakers, preferences, ears and brain ;)

Try both means of connection, maybe for a few days each, and decide what you prefer - it’s a very subjective matter :)

As I always say when asked questions of that nature - only you can decide that due to your room acoustics, kit, speakers, preferences, ears and brain ;)

Try both means of connection, maybe for a few days each, and decide what you prefer - it’s a very subjective matter :)
Sorry I may not have been clear in my query. I am asking 'technically' if there is any advantage in getting the pro plus over the pro as it appears all I'm adding is Tidal connect.

Sorry, my misreading. Both models support Tidal Connect, so no difference there. Nor would I expect there to be any difference if you’re using digital out, bypassing the DAC in the Pro or the Pro Plus

Back