Wiim Amp 2024 Connectivity Issue: Works with Hotspot, Not Home Network

HifiLove

Hi all,

I’ve hit a snag with my new Wiim Amp (2024 model) - it won’t connect to my home network (fast mesh) via WiFi or Ethernet, but it works fine with my mobile hotspot. I’ve tried basic troubleshooting (restarting the amp and router, updating firmware) with no luck. Before considering a return, I wanted to see if anyone else has faced similar issues or has any tips. Is this a known problem or a potential compatibility issue with certain routers?

Appreciate any advice or insights!

I have a WiiM Amp. I've connected via WiFi but ultimately settled on wired Ethernet. Your troubleshooting so far says that the Amp is working.

The usual things to check for with 2 devices:
1. make sure your phone and Amp are in the same IP subnet (e.g. 192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.255)
2. turn off AP isolation https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2089/
3. make sure that your Amp is well-sited so that it is within easy range of your router
4. make sure that your phone and Amp are on the same WiFi -- if you have both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, try disabling one to troubleshoot or force both to be on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

Why? There are some link-local IP multicast packets that need to be exchanged between the devices for the Amp's services to get announced and for the devices to find each other.

Hi all,

I’ve hit a snag with my new Wiim Amp (2024 model) - it won’t connect to my home network (fast mesh) via WiFi or Ethernet, but it works fine with my mobile hotspot. I’ve tried basic troubleshooting (restarting the amp and router, updating firmware) with no luck. Before considering a return, I wanted to see if anyone else has faced similar issues or has any tips. Is this a known problem or a potential compatibility issue with certain routers?

Do a factory reset and see if that work.

Hi all,

How many devices do you have in your network? When using DHCP, how many addresses are available for reservation? What do you see in your router's configuration GUI when you try to connect the amp (be it WiFi or ethernet)?

4. make sure that your phone and Amp are on the same WiFi -- if you have both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, try disabling one to troubleshoot or force both to be on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz
Maybe you're suggesting this because of limitations with certain networking hardware, but it's not a requirement of the app. I've been running the app on a 5 GHz SSID with the WiiM Pro on a 2.4 Ghz SSID (different names) for a while now without problems (same broadcast domain obviously).

Maybe you're suggesting this because of limitations with certain networking hardware, but it's not a requirement of the app. I've been running the app on a 5 GHz SSID with the WiiM Pro on a 2.4 Ghz SSID (different names) for a while now without problems (same broadcast domain obviously).
Some access points do indeed create different networks and different broadcast domains. I was setting up some smart plugs during the Christmas break and ran into this issue where the smart plugs only supported 802.11b (2.4 GHz) and my phone automatically connected to 5 GHz. After forcing the phone to connect to the 2.4 GHz net, then the smart plugs were discovered and joy filled the land.

Some access points do indeed create different networks and different broadcast domains.
Why on earth would they do that? In what situation would that ever the be the right thing to do (as a default)?
Maybe their support lines are premium rate ;)

Back