Wiim Pro Presets & BBC Radio links

Operajulian

Hi everyone :
I am a new user Wiim Pro user based in Canada. Very pleased with the purchase and ease of starting set up.

However, I cannot get presets that are set to BBC radio stations to "stick". They work on the day of adding them to the preset but not the next.
Is this someting to do with the BBC trying to get us to use BBC Sounds or is is it something up with Tune In ?
Of course, I can can load the stations using LMS/Material skin thanks to the Wiim being seen as a Squeezebox player but I would like just to be able to press a button on the remote.

BTW CBC Radio 1 and CBC Music and many other radio stations work just fine on other presets.
Any advice ?
Cheers
Julian

Last edited:
When you say they don’t work the next day, what do you mean? Does the preset retain the URL or does it lose the content?

I'm also having this issue with BBC radio 2 preset, started about a week ago, just will not play so I go into BBC under music services and play from there.

When you say they don’t work the next day, what do you mean? Does the preset retain the URL or does it lose the content?
Thanks for replying. Basically - yes. I set a few presets using the app with BBC radio stations and then some hours later or the next day, I go to that preset and all I get is silence. I may be imagining this - but with a lack of my brain power - is it possible that the BEEB keeps changing the API or whatever it is technically called - in effect the web address of that BBC Radio Station Live ? Just asking.

Hmmmm. I have two presets for bbc3 and bbc6. Tried both and i can confirm this action for presets. I removed and readded and it works for the moment.
Using the normal means in the home app to access national stations works but not presets. Other stations from tunein work. Perhaps should raise a ticket.

Thanks Castalla - I thought it might be something like that.
I guess I will have to teach my lovely wife the other routes to get to her fav BBC Radio 4 - rather than press button 4 on the remote.
Happy listening - Julian

Back