Wiim pro remote - Amazon music

Kurosawa

My Wiim pro remote worked fine when I used Spotify for streaming. However, I have switched to Amazon music (Unlimited) and now the next/previous button does not work anymore.

When I stream only use the Wiim Pro then there's no problem with the remote. But when I cast music from the smartphone to the Wiim Pro then I can't use the next/previous buttons. Only pause and mute works

When I stream only use the Wiim Pro then there's no problem with the remote. But when I cast music from the smartphone to the Wiim Pro then I can't use the next/previous buttons. Only pause and mute works
I assume "stream only use the Wiim Pro" means using the WiimHome app and "cast music from the smartphone" means using Amazon Music app.
With these assumptions I would think the remote is unable to manage the queued titles when using "Alexacast" (which is used by Amazon Music app) because this queue is maintained on Amazon servers to enable Alexa to show currently playing information for all devices associated with the same "home".
In contrast the WiimHome app (I assume) maintains this queue locally on the Pro so it can be controlled by the remote.

I assume "stream only use the Wiim Pro" means using the WiimHome app and "cast music from the smartphone" means using Amazon Music app.
With these assumptions I would think the remote is unable to manage the queued titles when using "Alexacast" (which is used by Amazon Music app) because this queue is maintained on Amazon servers to enable Alexa to show currently playing information for all devices associated with the same "home".
In contrast the WiimHome app (I assume) maintains this queue locally on the Pro so it can be controlled by the remote.
Yes to "I assume "stream only use the Wiim Pro" means using the WiimHome app and "cast music from the smartphone" means using Amazon Music app". But it worked fine when casting from Spotify to Wiim pro.

Have you submitted a ticket via the feedback section in the Wiim home app? Best doing that after trying to use the remote as you describe so that there might be some info in your device log to aid diagnosis

Hey Kurosawa, did this get resolved? I have the same issue for any app I'm casting. Play/pause works but not next or previous for changing tracks.

That includes: Plexamp, Amazon Music, Plex, Bubbleupnp

The apps that work, Wiim app and Roon.

Ok thanks I started a new thread with the same issue

Back